Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default Collectivism vs Individualism

The idea that this was a collective community project about Everquest players and not a project about individual demands has now taken an obvious turn.

I am not sure where project leaders thought it would be a good idea to appease these individual demands but given some time to consider the whole picture do you really think a "teams" server will improve Project 1999 PVP?

Do you not see that this is what the individuals desire? They do not have the ability or desire to build anything substantive to challenge and seek to bring an end by whatever means necessary to Project 1999 PVP.

Think back when Red 99 was released. To these individuals it was about the easy gank kill, or the corpse camping followed by gloating in the form of Project 1999 forum posts. This led to a lot of players simply quitting Red 99. It was never about building a PVP community of collective Everquest players it was about their individual desire. Now with the realization that Red 99 will not be their stomping grounds they have manipulated the idea that the "Collective" many desire a teams based server.

I was not able to be at this meeting of the minds that represented the voices of the many that play Red 99. But i can say that this will end up being a waste of resources and time that could be better spent promoting Red 99, Velious and fixing content/bugs.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:39 AM
Banned

Is that why several hot fixes were made after Azrael killed a few minor raid targets? Or you lied about and defended exploiting raid content? Interest in building a community? Take a hike.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:56 AM
Banned

Let me ask you a question, Supreme. Has anybody on staff troubled to deny Uthgaard's contention that Nizzar filed a police report concerning an RMT partner in New Orleans that he betrayed and who subsequently made death threats? I mean, that sounds like some serious tinfoil action right there, but I haven't seen one word questioning the factual basis of Uthgaard's accusations.

So, I feel pretty confident that Nihilum would never have been able to compete without staff intervention on the current red server. Yes, I know, you can rules lawyer it all you want. Nihilum has admitted to cheating when nobody was watching but the staff can only punish those they directly observe. You're trying to blame the decline in population on griefing but the fact is that before the staff banned Holocaust for using exploits they learned from Nihilum, that grief-fest was thriving with 500+ players.

Now you're worried because your exploited gains won't mean as much to you if the whole population goes to a new server (a server where Nihilum will be completely dominated and griefed off the server unless the staff intervenes yet again). You need us, the players who weren't handed uncontested top dog status by the staff, to stick around and be jealous of your uberness.

It was selective enforcement of the rules that killed the population, not PvP. PvP brought the population of 500+. A new server will bring those numbers again. Sirken has stated that the new server is an experiment to see if they can find a ruleset that will retain population. Nihilum99 had its chance, and it failed to retain population. You killed your own audience. This is the consequence. Deal with it.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Banned

I'm going to shit in bed tonight then complain about it
Old 09-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Mithaniel Marrx, save me from the Teams PvP Bourgeoisie!" -- Nihilum, protectors of the "community"
Old 09-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The idea that this was a collective community project about Everquest players and not a project about individual demands has now taken an obvious turn.

I am not sure where project leaders thought it would be a good idea to appease these individual demands but given some time to consider the whole picture do you really think a "teams" server will improve Project 1999 PVP?

Do you not see that this is what the individuals desire? They do not have the ability or desire to build anything substantive to challenge and seek to bring an end by whatever means necessary to Project 1999 PVP.

Think back when Red 99 was released. To these individuals it was about the easy gank kill, or the corpse camping followed by gloating in the form of Project 1999 forum posts. This led to a lot of players simply quitting Red 99. It was never about building a PVP community of collective Everquest players it was about their individual desire. Now with the realization that Red 99 will not be their stomping grounds they have manipulated the idea that the "Collective" many desire a teams based server.

I was not able to be at this meeting of the minds that represented the voices of the many that play Red 99. But i can say that this will end up being a waste of resources and time that could be better spent promoting Red 99, Velious and fixing content/bugs.
The target playerbase for the teams server is not the same target playerbase for red99. Also they have stated numerous time that the work on Velious is in no way compromised or slowed because of this project.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Banned

supreme biggest non-factor . think iv seen him twice on red99 .. how does this guy think he knows what people want ?

think you r just speaking on your own individual desire
Old 09-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Banned

lets not forget to mention all the exploits people used to lvl
Old 09-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calling your guild of 75% player base collectivism?
You see, in the glorious communist utopian state of Red99, Nihilum is downtrodden serf class and the 5 people who get Trak Toothed are the evil capitalists.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

What i hear is that Nihilum has exploited/cheated to get where they are.

Yet Nihilum is still here(even GMs have observed Nihilum does not cheat) and somehow a new Teams PVP server will suddenly completely change all of this for the betterment of Project 1999 PVP?

While you may not understand the idea that the few whining attention whores that have been butthurt spanked off the server now demand "something must be done" is imposing the will of the few on the many. Very much like making a rule/law for 1% of the population but it imposes itself on the other 99% no matter how much it may impose or inconvenience.

Why not just man up..make a guild..compete and don't quit when you get spanked but keep trying?

We already know the answer to that...losers always want it to be easy for THEM and do not care about how it affects the rest.
Closed Thread