Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default The HYPOCRISY is overwhelming

So a couple days ago, my account was suspended for KSing. Let me explain the scenario, because this is very important to the point i'm about to make.

I was in oasis, helping a group leveling at the croc camp. P1 to be exact. before I got there, a necro outside the group first trained the group with a sand giant. then he was taking mobs from their camp (from what I hear, I was not there to confirm this) But since I was there, I saw him sneaking mobs off. One in particular, a croc ran right over the group members who were sitting down medding. The necro pulls this mob. I pulled it back and killed it. So he reported me, and I got suspended for KSing.

Just now, a member of my guild was in CoM, and he pulls a mob from some camp because he didn't see anyone around. He kills it, and pulls another. After he pulled the second he sees messages raging on him for pulling the mob from their camp. Before he even knows what happened, boom, he's suspended.

So is it just the first person to report in any situation is the one who wins, and gets the other suspended? Or do the GMs just not care to look into matters before they come down with the ban hammer?

Yeah I'm upset. But I'm also very curious as to how the decision is made to suspend someone, since these two scenarios are on the opposite sides of the same point. Yet both sides respectively get suspended.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Banned

i know this is RNF but you seem like you could use some help so I'll put away my pugilist bindings

here's the best thing you can do....

1. stop expecting consistent judgment from GMs
2. curry favor with GMs by befriending them, flattering them (hi sirken)
3. use this bias for your own advantage

alternative option is to buy a few TBs HD storage so you can have fraps running permanently, then mount a user run investigation into the hypocrisy of Kill Steal judgments made by a volunteer team of GMs on a private emulator running a classic* version of Everquest in the year of our lord 2017, edit together the videos and put a petition in on the forums and receive private ridicule in rog-sirk-haynar-nilbog Skype chats where they call you a beefy chode and record video of themselves squatting over pictures of your petition and then defecating onto it and then they will leak these logs through Greengrocer and pretty soon you'll have a melt down, be permabanned, then start the long process of being a VPN troll operating under aliases (hi gaffin) to chase your sickness
Old 03-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I don't care enough to do all that. Just making a point. I've heard of the GMs picking favorites and taking sides, making rash decisions. just never experienced it myself in the 3 years ive been on this server until now.

And the way these guys are acting, I don't see myself befriending anyone.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemandFlannigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just now, a member of my guild was in CoM, and he pulls a mob from some camp because he didn't see anyone around. He kills it, and pulls another. After he pulled the second he sees messages raging on him for pulling the mob from their camp. Before he even knows what happened, boom, he's suspended.
I've been the only Guide on today, have not seen 1 CoM petition nor have suspended anyone today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know this is RNF but you seem like you could use some help so I'll put away my pugilist bindings

here's the best thing you can do....

1. stop expecting consistent judgment from GMs
2. curry favor with GMs by befriending them, flattering them (hi sirken)
3. use this bias for your own advantage

alternative option is to buy a few TBs HD storage so you can have fraps running permanently, then mount a user run investigation into the hypocrisy of Kill Steal judgments made by a volunteer team of GMs on a private emulator running a classic* version of Everquest in the year of our lord 2017, edit together the videos and put a petition in on the forums and receive private ridicule in rog-sirk-haynar-nilbog Skype chats where they call you a beefy chode and record video of themselves squatting over pictures of your petition and then defecating onto it and then they will leak these logs through Greengrocer and pretty soon you'll have a melt down, be permabanned, then start the long process of being a VPN troll operating under aliases (hi gaffin) to chase your sickness
Lol
Old 03-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been the only Guide on today, have not seen 1 CoM petition nor have suspended anyone today.

Lol
Did someone say forum drama? Well that's interesting to hear only one GM was working tonight and it wasn't Lirin, because the guy who claimed to petition (ninjawar) did so to everyone in /say. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is going to be longer than it should be but when it comes to forum drama, 1999-2003 was where it was at for me and I'm honored to help out, if for no other reason to add my own stream to this little puddle here as some kind of homage to flames of yore. Let's just say, i'm honored to be here with you all today, despite the circumstances. Maybe I'm just a troublemaker, I don't know, you can tell me.

So to start, It was all happening so fast...

I installed the game a week or two ago after not playing EQ1 for >10 years. After much grouping and some bard aoe'ing I went to CoM because I was the right level finally, and it was probably my favorite Kunark leveling-zone back in the day. So far in p1999, it had all been building up to that point. I very quickly found a group in CoM (they must be short bards there, wink wink) and their puller left so I volunteered. Excited like Cartman was in Casa Bonita to visit his favorite old rides again, I began to pull mobs out of the temple near the zone line. But as any precarious tale goes, we soon we ran out of mobs and began negotiating pathways that would hopefully lead to more mobs, like any good 'Murican would. You must understand back in the day CoM on live was mostly deserted when I was there and that was mostly just for the reavers anyway, so I never really took much of the zone in besides that awesome huge temple and walkway up in the sky which were bad-ass back then. My ignorance is quickly leading to my downfall as you will see!

Now, I wont contest mobs were stolen, if they were claiming those then fine, but it was an honest mistake. So I had no idea what was camped, what the camps were called, etc, and I admit in my excitement I was a little liberal in my exploration and pulling. The first 'stolen' mob I pulled disappeared on the way back, I first thought maybe it glitched out, that it got ganked from my pull or maybe I pulled someone's camp. If the latter, I certainly wasn't going to repeat the affair. More importantly, as common sense dictates, if they were willing to perform what appears to be an act of KSing themselves, they surely have the ability to warn me if they can? or at least the zone directly, that the last gel was theirs? Right? guys?

Things were nice and quiet so after doing a local search of the most familiar terrain in order to grab respawns, and finding none, I went back to the land of the infamous gels and tried again, found one and pulled it (he admits it!). Before the group had fully engaged the second gel, ninjawar comes over telling us 'anyone who touches that mob is banned' or something to that effect. We kill it fairly fast, I'm sure most of my group was dumbfounded, but I recognized what he must have been referring to, so I started to apologize/see what the guy's deal was. But by the time the mob was dead, he had made his spiel and run off already. During the combat he had said he had submitted a petition and we're all in big trouble! Then, not even 15 whole seconds after the mob dies, as I begin typing out ninjawar a tell to open treaty negotiations and begin to parley, Lirin appears on the corpse of the mob.

While the group was still confused about what ninjawar was talking about, Lirin says in effect in /say: "Yeah I saw the KS %t and i'm going to suspend you for 7 days". I sent him one message to the effect of "uhh can you hear me out?" and all I got back was "sorry" then my poor bard was floating into the ether.

So it's funny in a sad way if you think about that ninjawar said absolutely nothing to me in tells, say or /ooc or anything else, except for his angry burst of "You're all banned, you're so banned!" or whatever angry riff he wrote in /say. Neither did the GM send me any tells except for one word. This whole timeline from mob #1 engaged to suspended took maybe 3-4 minutes tops. Ninjawar's first line of communication was in effect "hey asswipe, you're so banned!", in /say no less, Lirin's first line was to the effect of "you're so suspended for 7 days!". That's some swift hard justice! I wonder if Abashi would being rolling in his grave (May he rest in peace) if he knew about this.

Anyway, besides GMs who may or may not be dispensing "justice" on their own behalf in blind rages or who have their friends nearby who will, you have another problem: You apparently have some players that will /"petition" at the drop of a hat without first even opening a line of dialogue with the other party. I never actually saw that behavior myself from normal players as I was leveling so I think it was probably just a particularly angry neckbeard in a tantrum with a pocket GM (or he is Lirin).

Me? I may be back one day, but for now i'll just be a drifter, knowing I did more in 2 weeks than I did in a year in '99, and I even helped spark some forum drama. My only regret was not getting to Vox, but this interruption was probably for the best. Peace out for now! Kudos to the team behind making p1999.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

From my limited experience with being involved with a KS / camp dispute situation, the GM in question...

1) Looked at the chat logs to see if the players involved tried communicating with each other in regards to the situation.
2) Determined if the situation was still ongoing (for me it was).
3) Teleported in w/ GM invisibility going on so they could see for themselves what was up.
4) Took matters into hand and rendered a judgement.

In my particular case it was a camp dispute where I had 4 mobs that spawned next to each other in an open world setting all broken to singles with a long stretch of time where none were spawned at all for my med breaks, and an incredible douche walked up and parked themselves to start taking spawns. This was Butcherblock, not OOT.

Anyway, the GM assessed the situation by watching what was going down and doing a review of the combat logs, and told me that open world outdoor mobs can only be 'camped' by a single spawn by a single player, and that I had to share. I had even pointed out other spawns that were not being camped and were available for the douche to hunt in a whisper to that player, but no dice. The GM agreed that the other player was being unreasonable but was working within the limit of the rules, so nothing was to be done.

I think 60 min later I trained and killed the player, and killed them again a 2nd and 3rd time later that evening with a clever use of game mechanics and they logged for the day, but that's not a part of the topic at hand.

The point is, no one would be banned unless tangible evidence of being an ass and breaking the rules was there for the GM to find.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Banned

can i have a suspension
Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can i have a suspension
you know it only takes a word of power spoken with focused intent, brother
Old 03-20-2017, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

what if it spoke lovingly?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM
Banned

confirmed A/A alts leveling due to raid suspension

that or BDA
Closed Thread