Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Default how likely is integrated graphics to be a problem?

How likely is a laptop chipset/onboard graphics card/intergrated graphics card going to be a PROBLEM? My lappy before was most likly intergrated and i never noticed a problem, all the laptops in my price range seem to have intergrates. Its driving me mad my funds are really limited so I need to make a good pick, but i just want to play eq atm.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

For EQ any modern integrated chipset that supports DX9 will work very well, I use my laptop all the time for EQ with Intel graphics and it's very performant... it's not like it's a brand new game engine!

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

My lappy top slows down if I turn everything up (and am raiding or in EC tunnels). If you can, try to get a discrete graphics card. If not, any modern integrated should suffice, just not be the best.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Aviak

MY laptop works better with EQ than my desktop did when I used it in 2000.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Kobold

yea when i first went to play EQ back in the day (when kunark came out) my PC could'nt run it. but now on my laptop it runs fine unless i look in the corner behind shady in the tunnel, that's the only place i get lag unless i have a website open in the BG with tons of animated and video ad's. anybody know whats over in that corner that might cause my lag?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Orc

http://www.msimobile.com/level3_prod...x?cid=6&id=181
check this out..

I have the 17" version of this laptop and let me tell ya.. for the $$ you wont find anything better.

decent graphics
4 gigs of ram
decent HDD space
HDMI
etc

I slapped Win7 x64 on mine the second i got it and have LOVED it.

I used to work for Dell before they closed our call center. You have to buy a $1500+ GXP system to get even close to what you get on this little guy.
The price is perfecto too. Best of all they come STANDARD with a 3 year warranty and US Based support (if you're in the US).

Edit: did I mention you can Overclock it too?...yeah!!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Send a message via AIM to kuahara Send a message via MSN to kuahara

If you're playing with anything less than a water cooled quad SLI setup with anything less than 480 stream processors per card, 16GB of DDR3 memory, a CPU not OC'd past 4GHz, or 15k rpm HDDs not setup in a rather fancy RAID array, then I'm afraid your system is just not going to be able to handle this game right now. Try and find something less recent than a game released in '99.

Wish I had better news, sorry.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuahara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're playing with anything less than a water cooled quad SLI setup with anything less than 480 stream processors per card, 16GB of DDR3 memory, a CPU not OC'd past 4GHz, or 15k rpm HDDs not setup in a rather fancy RAID array, then I'm afraid your system is just not going to be able to handle this game right now. Try and find something less recent than a game released in '99.

Wish I had better news, sorry.
bahahaha- Score