Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Aviak

Default Darkforge Armour / Undead Knight question

I managed to get a hold of all the required items to make a Darkforge BP as a druid. I am max Ally with everyone in Temple of Solusek Ro except the two Undead Knights. I go to give my items (there are two, and I did the dialogue to make sure I had the right one) and they will not accept them. I was handing them in one at a time and they give them right back.

Do I have to give them all at the same time? Can I not MQ this just in case I get half parts and want to help someone? The Undead Knights only con indiff to me but everyone else is ally, is this a bug?

Thank you.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Orc

maybe its not so much a faction problem but more of a class/race problem?
Although it would be rather odd if that was the issue considering you say you are able to trigger the dialogue..
I dunno..just throwing that out there...

Try it in Wolf Form and see what happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Fire Giant

If you are asking if you need to turn all the items for a single quest in at once, then yes you do. The ability to MQ is not available on p1999, nor any other emu server I think. Gonna make epics a lot more interesting(read:difficult).
Old 09-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Aviak

If you can hide then hand items to the person, then hide until you are indifferent, then complete the hand in.

If you are human, Well... Sucks being you.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

Hmmm, I think I may know now, you say you got the items for the BP, so I assume its 1 quest 2 items, but the bp requires 3 items.

* Decayed Breastplate
* Decayed Chainmail
* Enchanted Platinum Bar

Also, I'm pretty sure I did my darkforge set with indif faction too.
Last edited by girth; 09-05-2010 at 11:28 PM..
Old 06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm, I think I may know now, you say you got the items for the BP, so I assume its 1 quest 2 items, but the bp requires 3 items.

* Decayed Breastplate
* Decayed Chainmail
* Enchanted Platinum Bar

Also, I'm pretty sure I did my darkforge set with indif faction too.
There are 4 items. You need two enchanted bars.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Darkforge
Old 06-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are asking if you need to turn all the items for a single quest in at once, then yes you do. The ability to MQ is not available on p1999, nor any other emu server I think. Gonna make epics a lot more interesting(read:difficult).
JBoots can be MQ'd.

This is due to custom code put in by the devs to make it work. It's possible that as they code-in the epics they make it MQ-able, it has been stated that they plan to make certain high-value quests MQ-able but weren't going to put in the effort to script each and every individual quest to be MQ-able. It seems like epics would be something that they'd code MQ-ability into, since they yield items that for most classes will never go out of style on this server.

Also, if they're coding epics in from scratch it's a lot easier to drop-in the code to make it MQ-able as you're doing the rest of the quest then it is to go back and re-code 1k+ already existing quests.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth