Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Necro will generally be able to turn every 1 hitpoint into 1 mana, and 1 mana into 2 hitpoints.

If you do a bit of math you end up with Iksar's being able to regenerate mana 10% more efficiently than a non iksar with lich+ meditating.

Not really that much, frankly, but if you are OCD maybe it bothers you too much. And if you like to group/do guild things, you will generally always have regeneration going to offset lich anyway.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by btravis1990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE also have access to the Reaper of the Dead and ring quest line..

Money maker and super useful items.
What ring quest is this ?
Old 10-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Orc

Iksars are godly, no doubt about it. Not sure any other race can compare sadly. I would go for gnome if I had to for solo dungeon crawling.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

You're in a worst-case scenario OP. If Iksar is the only race Necro you've ever played then yes, playing a non-Iksar is gonna feel pretty terrible. Everytime time you have to waste mana casting a tap you're gonna be reminded that your Iksar wouldn't need to do that.

I went Iksar Necro race-change on the Mangler TLP and I'll be honest playing my Erudite Necro on P99 feels quite a bit worse (even despite having better gear)

At least until you get your Soulwell staff from VP which (IMO) helps to level the field a bit
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 10-10-2019 at 03:00 PM..
Old 10-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Lemme also state that Necro is easily one of the strongest classes in the game regardless of Race. An Erudite Necro will be able to accomplish 90% of everything an Iksar Necro is capable he's just going to do it less efficiently and with greater downtime.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I have argued about a lot of race/class combos..

But if you argue against Iksar necro. Ur dum

no troll
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An Erudite Necro will be able to accomplish 100% of everything an Iksar Necro is capable he's just going to do it less efficiently and with greater downtime.
I can't think of a single thing that an Erudite can't do that a Iksar can, except the efficiency.

Necros so good.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

And for example if you're charming you will be doing a lot of lifetapping anyway to finish off mobs. So what happens is that as an Iksar you just don't need the full benefit of the lifetap as much as the Erudite, but you still have to cast the spell anyway to finish off the charm kill. So in that case the Iksar really isn't much more efficient anyway.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:08 PM
Large Bat

Something I don't see people considering is that Necros were not balanced around iksar regen. While this is exactly what makes iksar superior, it is not necessarily the way necromancers were originally designed to be played. I think rolling non-iksar is a more true representation of the intended necromancer experience, from a design point of view.

Health is just a resource. Necromancers know this best. The difference between having 0 to 1 hp is infinitely more meaningful than 1 to 999999999 hit points. Non-iksar will find themselves at lower hp more often, yes. But they will find themselves at 0 hp roughly the same.

Also, assuming you take a necro to 50 before kunark, you have to weigh whether the extra time you spend medding your non-iksar over the course of your characters lifetime will be less than, equal, or more than the time it takes to level a second necro with an extra 20% exp pentalty to 50. I would wager iksar isn't worth that hastle if you want to make a necro day 1 of green.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And for example if you're charming you will be doing a lot of lifetapping anyway to finish off mobs. So what happens is that as an Iksar you just don't need the full benefit of the lifetap as much as the Erudite, but you still have to cast the spell anyway to finish off the charm kill. So in that case the Iksar really isn't much more efficient anyway.
I suspect this is where I’ll be, not sure how viable charm is in this era for undead but in pop and luclin, I spent the majority of 40+ charming undead.
Closed Thread