Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 09:28 PM
Kobold

Default Having issues with druid since i hit level 24

So basically what title says, i was doing Everfrost Peaks from 23 to 24, mostly through charm kitting dark blues/white con into yellows (Mammoths). Most of the time i had no problem at all, finally i hit 24 and we get a new root spell and new dot, i was so excited to try this out and i was hoping it would get way easier, but in fact, level 24 has been hell, so many root breaks, it feels so useless, it won't last more than 20 seconds before it breaks even on dark blue, it feels like i got gimped instead of getting stronger. Is this working as intended, it is a bug or i am missing something? I can def tell is way harder than before when it was supposed to be easier. Even charm breaks more often *shrugs*
Old 09-22-2021, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Both your level 4 and level 24 roots have the same (0) magic resist mod, so they should be resisting at the same rate:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Grasping_Roots

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ensnaring_Roots

That being said, there's no law "once you get a new root you have to stop using the old one". If Grasping Roots is still working, keep using it and save yourself some mana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for everything else, EQ does not get easier with levels. You get more powerful, but so do the mobs, so any feelings of greater power from leveling are usually pretty fleeting.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Mobs are too high of level If that many breaks. try Loio. Also get Tunare root necklace if able to, big mana saver for keeping the enemy rooted.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both your level 4 and level 24 roots have the same (0) magic resist mod, so they should be resisting at the same rate:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Grasping_Roots

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ensnaring_Roots

That being said, there's no law "once you get a new root you have to stop using the old one". If Grasping Roots is still working, keep using it and save yourself some mana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for everything else, EQ does not get easier with levels. You get more powerful, but so do the mobs, so any feelings of greater power from leveling are usually pretty fleeting.
Is not that it does get resisted, it does land very often, and once it lands, it tends to break quickly, and i am using the new one because is supposed to last 1.4min at least, but in fact, is lasting way less, under 20 seconds, and as i stated earlier, i don't understand why i am getting more charm/fear breaks constantly.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs are too high of level If that many breaks. try Loio. Also get Tunare root necklace if able to, big mana saver for keeping the enemy rooted.
I have seen guides and this area is meant to be from level 24 to 28 without "issues" but idk, i was just fine at 23, then all of sudden, they got uber MR, breaking root and charm very quickly when is supposed to get easier, honestly, i feel this is some sort of bug

Thanks about the Tunare Necklace suggestion, idk which Necklace is that one you're talking about, plus this is my first toon in Green, i haven't play EQ in years, so i am a bit lost atm
Old 09-22-2021, 10:32 PM
Large Rat

The 1.4 min is the max time ensnaring roots will last at 24. Roots can break immediately or any time within their duration period.

When charming I prefer grasping roots to save mana. Lowest level charm plus lowest level root, as long as they can land it's all good. I was using grasping roots in my 50s for the mana efficiency and quick cast time.

For what it's worth, I remember having difficult times with mammoths around those levels. Sometimes it was great, other times I felt like it was blowing up in my face.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen guides and this area is meant to be from level 24 to 28 without "issues" but idk, i was just fine at 23, then all of sudden, they got uber MR, breaking root and charm very quickly when is supposed to get easier, honestly, i feel this is some sort of bug

Thanks about the Tunare Necklace suggestion, idk which Necklace is that one you're talking about, plus this is my first toon in Green, i haven't play EQ in years, so i am a bit lost atm
https://wiki.project1999.com/Warden_Symbol_of_Tunare (you have to be a wood elf or Tunare-worshipping half-elf though).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Warden_Symbol_of_Tunare (you have to be a wood elf or Tunare-worshipping half-elf though).
Yes, i am a Wood Elf! Nice, something to look forward now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks!
Old 09-23-2021, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My Tunare human druid has one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2021, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Tunare human druid has one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, heh, forgot that was even an option [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread