Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-07-2022, 07:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iksar necros lich turning into iksar skeletons

This always bugged me. I know that it was a decision probably made by the hardware and graphical limitations of the time, but it still feels strange.

Similarly, I always thought that the type of skeleton a necro summons should be dependent on the zone. Gnolls for blackburrow, sarnaks for chardok, humanoid skeletons near oldworld cities, etc. Maybe even make it so that creature or even giant skeletons could be summoned in the right places, with power and abilities far beyond normal limitations.. but at a much greater initial cost and possibly with mana upkeep costs to compensate. Sort of like a magicians Monster Summoning line.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. Can I ask your reason why? From the perspective of someone who plays casually and has a cleric main, being able to /anon for awhile and stop the torrent of /tells and requests for rezzes is a blessing I would be loathe to give up.
Sure. I want to know if a zone's occupied before I spend 20 minutes running there just to find half a dozen /anons. I accept your own issue you post; simply making a "/who all [zone]" query return an accurate population count without specific characters would suffice.
Last edited by Danth; 06-07-2022 at 07:47 PM..
Old 06-07-2022, 09:05 PM
Orc

A couple shared storage tabs
Old 06-08-2022, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One direct change, and no more? Break /anon. Everyone's always visible on /who. That'll do.

Danth
This is a good one. I've said this to friends for years. Get rid of anon/role and let me see what zones are populated around my level. Let me get an idea if its worthwhile to make the trek to X zone or if its already overpopulated. Let me see what the class distribution is. There's plenty of reasons to want anon/role gone that don't involve using it to pester people for buffs/rez/ports. Also it'll trigger a bunch of neckbeards that think they need to be anon/role for their super secret 23 yr old raid content strategies.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be nice but I don't think it would end up being a good thing in the long run. The top zerg guild would then just be the only people getting epics. At least now with MQs random people can get some epic steps done.
You aren't wrong. There are definitely some benefits. But people farming epic drops for the purpose of selling, making it harder for people to do themselves, is probably my biggest pet peeve on this server.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:10 AM
Banned

unrooted dragons

lol im the only one here asking for something that is actually classic
Old 06-08-2022, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dungeon under NoRo that is level 20-40 with the soul of rahotep as the main boss. Full of zombies and skeletons and ghouls and other rahotep things.

Jewel of the scepter item drop, and the scepter re-alignment box rare drop, to combine with the scepter of rahotep to create the Jeweled scepter of rahotep that is a bad ass item for wis/int casters till 50+.
An original thought on the forums. Well, I'll be. A good one too.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure. I want to know if a zone's occupied before I spend 20 minutes running there just to find half a dozen /anons. I accept your own issue you post; simply making a "/who all [zone]" query return an accurate population count without specific characters would suffice.
Park mules in popular zones or /who a zone and ask the people in there how many people are in zone.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Make all gear NO DROP.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

i'd let people have a single mule account which they could use at the same time as their main account. Characters wouldn't be able to go over level 5 or so and may be restriced to only be in certain zones, like FP/EC..

It's outrageous how people can abuse "their wives/sons/dogs account" currently.