Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-01-2022, 03:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm okay with buffs not having visible timers. On major buffing classes I pair up similar length buffs and cast them at the same time. The next pair gets staggered back a bit and then next pair, etc. Works for me but I'm a bit lost with dots and slows dropping without a message. I try to recast when mobs get to a certain level of health but it's obviously not efficient. I've been avoiding going the GINA route.
I do this with some things, but I'm really not interested in the buff tracking ATM. Even though I'm a Shaman and the buff tracking thing would greatly benefit my class, I couldn't find a group if I tried because I'm on blue and that's really just how it is.

I would just like to know when my DoTs are wearing off I guess. Because counting to 48 in my head every time I cast Venom of the Snake gets old after a while. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2022, 03:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine needing your hand held in this game
I guess it depends on what you're doing in EverQuest and what your experience level is, but I think this game is more intense than other MMOs in the market. Like on WoW I don't even have to know what I'm doing, I just run through content and button mash and follow exclamation points.

On P99 I do research for hours finding out weird camps, and then go there and have to min. max, running multiple stopwatches, and not being able to take a 2 minute piss break because I might die. I consider the way I play EQ to be kind of hardcore compared to other MMOs I play.

But at the same time, you can argue WoW is harder if you are playing at the absolute high end. There's a lot of pointless grinding that you have to do daily to even be mediocre. High end raiding guilds are extremely competitive and cutthroat. WoW PVP can be really difficult etc. AFK play-style is not really viable when compared to EQ (which is actually something I like about EQ, being able to like, just hang out, watch some YouTube, kill a mob every 6 minutes or so).
Old 12-01-2022, 01:47 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i sold out ngl

game will prob become unplayable within 48 hours due to it being so easy i can just go afk without a care in the world now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2022, 02:28 PM
Banned

Old 12-01-2022, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgif-1-a26712514b.jpg (21.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm making meatloaf today NGL. Using graham crackers instead of bread crumbs because I have this weird recipe I want to try.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoutoftrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might not get arrested but it will slowly but inevitably destroy the game for you. Every buff will be optimally cast. What's that? 15 minutes left on everybody's buffs? better med early. No more close call, no more surprises, just meticulous execution of your few tasks. You'll eventually find yourself indistinguishable from a robot. Why are you even doing this? You've been in the same group doing the same thing for hours staring at timers.

Remember getting lost and stumbling into a new NPC? Don't worry that won't happen. Only the direct route for you. The third party gamer.
A+ post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You will never have true classic environment unless somehow you populate the new server with 75% or more players completely new to EQ - people who also never played wow seriously or any other mmo games released after 1999.

Stay strong my friends!
Old 12-09-2022, 01:48 PM
Banned

Old 12-09-2022, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm making meatloaf today NGL. Using graham crackers instead of bread crumbs because I have this weird recipe I want to try.
This mother fucker needs Jesus.
Old 12-09-2022, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Seriously: I thought meatloaf was something our moms made to punish us. Why would someone choose to make it (with graham crackers, bread crumbs, or anything else?) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.