Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 05:57 AM
Large Bat

Default Best classes for partnering up?

Hellooo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.],

My boyfriend and I are starting to play together (I know too cute e__e) well, that is once we get an IP exemption.. Sooo, my question while we patiently wait is this:

What two classes do you guys think are the best as a symbiotic relationship? (Note: we want to start as the same race for ease of finding one another.. but not required) Just curious what your guy's favorites might be ^^
Old 09-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Large Rat

Hey there!

My wife and I just started playing together and we rolled Barbarian warrior and shaman. So far the duo is great but we aren't too far along. If you're ever online at the same time as us and need a tank and shaman, send Lengelin and Barcelee a tell. Good hunting.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Aviak

I also started up with my baby mama recently. I rolled a mage while she went with the classic clery.

So far, we can duo just about any mob within our lvl range without a problem.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Large Rat

I've always had good luck as a Monk/Shaman combo. Shaman would probably be the harder of the two to learn, but worthwhile. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Orc

You can find some decent info on good duos here:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%2...election_Guide
Old 09-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

It really depends on what you want to do. If you're talking about killing the most uber stuff, there are only a few combos to perform that function efficiently. If you're just looking to level, you can get away with almost any combo, but it makes life easier if one of you has a class that can heal. The important thing is that you're both playing a class you can enjoy. It's a long, long haul to 60 on your first toon, so make sure you're doing it with the class (and race for that matter) that you enjoy the most. Welcome to P99 and GL
Old 09-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Large Bat

This is great. We have been wrecking with a mage/necromancer combo, but we definitely want to try out more things.. we made a druid/rogue and a shaman/monk combo too.. Lets all party sometime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Feel free to PM me for character names!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Kobold

The great thing about Monk/Shm at later levels is you can get into higher end XP groups together. Mage + Necro is going to find it hard to get into the same group every time unless you stick to creating the group yourself.

A killer combo at later levels is Ench / Shm

At the end of the day though, play what makes you happy.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

The premiere two-class combo is a cleric and enchanter. It won't start off impressive, but as the enchanter grows, you two will quickly become an xp farming machine. You already form the backbone of any group (minus the tank), so if expanding into a full fledged group will be effortless, if you so choose. At the high end, you will be able to duo anything short of raid content. Also, this combination is not very gear dependent, so you won't require much time/plat investment to reach your full potential.

An alternative to cleric/enchanter is cleric/warrior. It will start off a bit faster, but in contrast to cleric/enchanter you will lose steam as you grow in levels. This option is notoriously slow at grinding through mobs, but again you already form the backbone of any group (minus the CC). You will likely be forming full groups much more often with this choice as opposed to cleric/enchanter, so you'll be wanting to make a good enchanter or shaman friend fast. You will have a much tougher time duoing high end camps, and your effectiveness will largely be determined by the warrior's equipment, which will be costly. The payoff for this duo choice is that at the very top end of the game, if the warrior is decked out in raid gear and you manage to get your hand's on a Donal's BP, Cleric/Warrior is the only duo capable of taking out Raid monsters like Maestro, Dracholiche, and Zordak Ragefire on their own. You can really kill any mob which wont kill the warrior in under 20 seconds.

Another choice (which is very popular) is monk/shaman. These two classes have amazing synergy. Monks are a nicely balanced class capable of taking damage, dishing out damage, and creative pulling. Shaman can provide CC (with root), heals, attack speed slows, buffs, and some mana-less damage (JBB and Epic clicks) which enhance the monk's killing power exponentially. This combo starts off strong due to monks' all-around strength, and gains steam due to the shaman's power curve which is very similar to enchanters'. At 60 this combo can duo just about any cash camp in the game. This combo can also grow into a full group very easily, but you will likely feel no need to except maybe at low levels. The biggest disadvantage to this combo is cost; quality, lightweight monk gear is expensive, and the high-level shaman spells that make it ultra-effective (ie Torpor) are the most expensive of any class.
Closed Thread