Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Orc

Default I used to Cleric, but now I Enchanter

Hello, I used to play on Bertoxxulous as a high elf cleric and I had so much fun back in the day. It is exciting to be back and be in groups and have everyone respect loot rotations and what not. Everyone is so polite, it reminds me of what I really liked in MMOs.

Anyways, Woowiggly the Enchanter checking in. Just hit 8 and made the run to High Keep for my new pet. Hope to see you out there...
Old 05-14-2015, 09:42 PM
Banned

Welcome to p99!
Old 05-15-2015, 04:56 AM
Planar Protector

Love the name, enchanters are highly sought after...and for whatever reason you'll find the enchanter crowd thinning out a bit as you level so there'll be less competition, particularly after 40 for some strange reason.

Great class to play, enjoy!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Aviak

yea... there does seem to be a ton of enchanters... since I started one too on returning... not sure if I should change classes before I get too involved since a lot of my enjoyment comes from playing what is needed.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love the name, enchanters are highly sought after...and for whatever reason you'll find the enchanter crowd thinning out a bit as you level so there'll be less competition, particularly after 40 for some strange reason.

Great class to play, enjoy!
Is it just because the novelty of crack wears off and people get bored with the class? Never played an enchanter, so I'm genuinely curious. They seem like such a subtle and deeply rewarding class for the ones who *know* how to play them.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Orc

From thinking back to when I was playing and delving in to some of the Enchanter guides I feel like with enough effort the Enchanter can be very enjoyable.

Last night in CB at level 8 I was grouped at the wall with all level 10 plus players and on the big pulls I was able to at least mez the Centiurions while the group killed off the red cons. I know it is not anything special but I think it is a glimpse into the future.

Also, according to a wiki guide, Enchanter spells scale very well. There are options to solo if a group is not available and I think crack won't ever get old [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome Aboard.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Yeah, Enchanter is a good pick, but it takes a Lot of concentration to play one well with a charmed pet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But a great class if you are good at it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

For whatever reason the # of ench goes down the higher level you get. I remember in my teens there were constantly 3+ ench LFG in oasis and now in my late 40s you hardly ever see them and I get tells for groups when im out doing whatever.

While you are in HHK, get lots of the pets! not just the lvl 8 one. I didn't really charm until lvl 27 because the animation is pretty powerful at low lvls. I stopped at lvl 27 b/c I had to move b/c my spot had become green and at the new spot the animation just couldnt cut it.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For whatever reason the # of ench goes down the higher level you get. I remember in my teens there were constantly 3+ ench LFG in oasis and now in my late 40s you hardly ever see them and I get tells for groups when im out doing whatever.

While you are in HHK, get lots of the pets! not just the lvl 8 one. I didn't really charm until lvl 27 because the animation is pretty powerful at low lvls. I stopped at lvl 27 b/c I had to move b/c my spot had become green and at the new spot the animation just couldnt cut it.
Good call, I did pick up just the next pet (lvl 12?) but at 16 on my return visit I will pick up more.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it just because the novelty of crack wears off and people get bored with the class? Never played an enchanter, so I'm genuinely curious. They seem like such a subtle and deeply rewarding class for the ones who *know* how to play them.
They can feel like hard work. Crowd control is as hard as you want to make it, if you can set up a key to cycle NPC targets it's a lot easier (not classic).

By 60 they're doing all kinds of good things. Maybe it's the realization that doing Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin for your epic represents a crazy timesink that very few people have time for?
Closed Thread