Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

I can tell you what we have (at least from my perspective)

We have:
enchanters (at least 4 active)
tanks (SK and warriors): havent seen too many paladins being played
druids( at least 2 active)
necros (at least 3 active)
I have seen 2 or 3 active shamans

Perhaps lacking would be:

I have seen only 2 active clerics
1 active bard
2 active monks
1 active wizard
1 active rogue
1 active mage
leader is ranger and I have a ranger alt but that is the only 2 I know of

maybe an officer can provide you with more detail.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Adding Willfight of Veloci Shift to the agreement - thanks k you!!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcelona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. What are the top 5 classes that leadership can recommend that they really need? ( PLEASE, no "play what you want" answer, this falls under obvious at this point)

In addition,
2. What are the top 5 tradeskills that are most desired/needed by ALS at this moment. (Include a specific cultural trade if it is something under-represented at the moment)
Hello!

1. It is very hard to judge class composition at the moment as there are a lot of new players flowing in, and as most of them are new to P99 as well, they absolutely play what they want. If they don't like something, they roll another in a pinch. Not sure what kind of class composition this will boil down at mid or high levels.

What I can tell you is that we have a healthy population around level 30, some characters above level 40, and a lot of fun people to group with below 30. There was no day in the past week that I couldn't put a guild group together with several other groups going on in parallel.

Also, play what you like! It is far more likely for you to keep playing a class you like in the long term, than continuing to play a class what you chose because we didn't have it in the guild at the moment. I have made several groups on low and mid levels, and I can assure you group composition doesn't matter as much as people and player skill. Okay, okay, if you are pushing for a recommendation, roll a cleric, but don't say that I didn't warn you about choosing based on our current classes.

2. All tradeskills are desired! What we have at the moment are:
- Some people falling in love with a tradeskill and skilling it up for fun or roleplaying purposes. (I am looking at you miss shadow knight with 100 fletching!)
- Lot of us skill up blacksmithy as banded armor is awesome to have, especially with our rules. I can craft banded even on my necromancer to help others out in the guild, but we have some seriously well trained blacksmiths doing cultural smithy.
- Lot of us skill up tailoring although getting it up to high level is rare. I am not sure but Scaleway is either the highest or one of the highest with something around 170, I would have to check in game to be exact.
- We were lacking alchemy and potions for a while, not having enough shaman to do that tradeskill, but now I think two of our shaman are at the level where they can supply us with SOW pots (Yeey!)

Scaleway - Auld Lang Syne
Last edited by Tenet; 03-06-2017 at 11:35 AM..
Old 03-07-2017, 06:09 AM
Orc

Default ALS raid on Befallen

First time we made two guild raids in one week, and the second one was to cleanse Befallen of the foul creatures who set up camp in there. We made two exp groups as usual, and with the higher level one we jumped down the well in kamikaze mode, and made a nice little camp, what you can see on the first picture.

Things heated up a little, and we were actually raiding a boss monster! Two groups were beating on Gynok Moltor when he finally spawned. He was no match for us of course (although I have heard a certain halfling warrior yelling something along the lines: "Help, help, he is killing meeee!") and we got his amazing loot!

Scaleway - Auld Lang Syne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camp.jpg (100.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg raiding.jpg (101.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-09-2017, 03:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Joining the fun is easy!

I am having a great time now that I recently rejoined my Auldtimer friends! If you are like me and have far too many characters sitting around and don't see why starting off fresh on a level 1 makes any sense, then I'd like to show you this part of the guild charter:
Quote:
10. Ideally a person interested in joining would create a new character from scratch, but they may already have a character of relatively low level that they would like to use to have entry into the guild. A character with equipment may be allowed with officer approval as long as that character is under level 20. Be aware that equipment obtained via EC tunnel or outside the characters ability to obtain naturally will be requested to be removed.
I did this recently, and I joined on a character that I had sitting around collecting dust, I had stripped him completely of all gear when I joined. Now just days later and I managed to fill just about every slot, camped my first two upgrade pieces of stat gear, and even camped items to sell within the guild economy (see the charter for details regarding this) with buyers already lined up! So just come on over and experience the extremely fun way we play this game!

Go to: Auld Lang Syne Guild Website read through the Auld Lang Syne Official Guild Charter today and see what the buzz is all about. Feel a true sense of accomplishment similar to what it is like on a fresh server!
Old 03-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

This...is pretty much exactly what I was looking for! I would love to join you for this; what should I do if I would like to join?
Old 03-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

This...looks exactly like what I was looking for! I would love to join in on this, and will make a human rogue. Should I just message someone in the guild to ask to join?
Old 03-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This...looks exactly like what I was looking for! I would love to join in on this, and will make a human rogue. Should I just message someone in the guild to ask to join?
Hey 7thGate! you can jump into our Discord and ask any questions you may have (18 people incl 7 Officers on right now) - https://discordapp.com/invite/RgJqKTt

Please also be sure to review our charter and complete an app on our gamerlaunch site (helps us keep track of the roster): http://auldlangsyne.gamerlaunch.com/
Old 03-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Is this the same Rainik from Bristlebane and Triadic Order?
Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this the same Rainik from Bristlebane and Triadic Order?
Indeed it is, mothballs and all![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread