Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 08:02 AM
Orc

Default Broken Disk

Available in 5 minutes. Act fast! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For https://wiki.project1999.com/Bracer_of_Benevolence
and https://wiki.project1999.com/Talisman_of_Benevolence
Old 06-16-2017, 08:58 AM
Orc

Available shortly! PM me quickly! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2017, 09:23 AM
Banned

This guy wins without the means to kill it just for your information.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Looks great on Savage
Old 06-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

This post is from Anealia<Savage>, who won the turnin against me. Since <Savage> are generally cool people, and I didn't see this WTS post until afterwards, I had assumed they were just going to do the quest for themselves and I was even ready to offer help.

I guess they never found a buyer because they never bothered to bring a kill force. The spawned giants belonged to Anealia for 20 minutes according to the rules, and he/she just allowed them to despawn after 15 without saying "hey we may not end up killing this guy after all". This is super lame for at least a couple reasons:

- It's lame to snipe a quest turnin from someone just to let the thing despawn in the end so that nobody gets it. Anealia told me I should have tried communicating, but I feel like the fact I was there competing for the turnin spoke for itself: everyone who is there for the turnin should have some plan for killing the giant captain. At what point should I ask whether you actually plan to do the quest? Immediately after the turnin so that my 2-3 friends have a few minutes to get there to help me? If you do the turnin then I assume you are going to kill the captain and I shouldn't have to ask.

- Even if you don't allow the mobs to despawn, it's lame to snipe a quest turnin from someone who plans to do the quest legit, just to sell it. The concept of inserting yourself into a process that others are happy to manage on their own, just to extract plat, is clearly lame. There is no value added. It's like monopolizing stormfeather to sell the map piece to people who are willing to camp it themselves. Anealia told me they usually do the scout quest for <Savage> members, but today they couldn't find any members who needed it. Fair enough, if nobody needs to do the quest then simply don't do the quest. This WTS post was made before scout even popped.

My convo with Anealia was cordial enough, and he/she seems like a nice person, just simply unwilling to recognize this was lame. Excuses ranged from "You failed to communicate until, after, the despawn" to "Can also bring more peeps to compete for the turn in".

P.S. I know there's a rule about replies that question the fairness of a WTS post, but i was given permission.
Chromaticity -> anealia: well if we don't find a way to see eye to eye ill have to make a post replying to yours on the forums
Anealia -> Chromaticity: theres nothing wrong with that
Anealia -> Chromaticity: thats your right
Old 06-16-2017, 12:54 PM
Banned

I offered to buy this in a PM shortly after it was posted but no response. Kinda lame that it was completely wasted.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:00 PM
Orc

Chromanticity, allow me to add my perspective.

During scout windows, particularly as early in the morning as it was for this given spawn, for PST players anyway, availability can be spotty. Kill forces are not typically present at the time of the spawn because, as you know, it wastes time for everyone to travel only to lose the turn in. And sometimes people are simply hesitant to get out of bed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I regularly pop in during the window, try for the turn in, and if I get a successful hand-in, additional guild-mates and friends may make their way over.

Today after my turn in, we were just missing a warrior or monk and were not sure if they were going to be on in time. So I threw up an auction on the forums. There are plenty of players that attempt to do this "legit" but are unable to compete with the piles of raiding guilds that are often there for one another to get the turn in for their alternate characters. You know how competitive scout can be and don't see the harm in throwing an auction out to those who are unable to do that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Hey we may not end up killing this guy after all", carries an implication that we had an open dialogue about whether or not I had a kill force inbound. When in fact we had no such dialogue. You could have simply asked if this was the case and I would have gladly told you the situation and helped you with the pull and healed the fight. Not a problem.

Please correct me if I get this wrong but I remember that you expressed to me that you felt I was obligated to inform you if I the necessary classes were unable to make it for the kill. This, I believe, is unreasonable.

I could understand the frustration if you had arrived with a force of <Rustle> members, visibly ready to take the kill, and I had said nothing. But as you know that was not the case. It is not my responsibility to keep track of a single random gnome that logged in to contest the scout spawn. Players log in characters all of the time to try for a the turn-in only log right out afterwards.

I am unsure why you waited until the mob had de-spawned to open up a dialogue. Plenty of times we have combined forces with other players and come to an agreement to roll on the disk after the captain is down.

I feel this post is unfair because it paints the situation in a light that would suggest that I were deliberately keeping the mob from you, which is plain and simply untrue. I did not "snipe" the quest turn-in to "let" the mob despawn so that no one could have it (that would indeed be lame). I simply got the turn in, was unable muster the appropriate classes in time AND we failed to open a dialogue where we may have joined forces to get the job done. And because of that, it despawned.

I hope that this can bring about a more holistic understanding.

Thanks for reading.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

This is all nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerlo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
During scout windows, particularly as early in the morning as it was for this given spawn, for PST players anyway, availability can be spotty.
Availability of what? People who want to do the quest? a kill force? If you're missing either one (you were missing both), don't turn in the tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerlo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Today after my turn in, we were just missing a warrior or monk and were not sure if they were going to be on in time. So I threw up an auction on the forums.
This just isn't true--you made the post before you did the turnin. Look at the timestamp. You saw me there to do the turnin, why did you snipe it from me when you knew you didn't need it?

Quote:
There are plenty of players that attempt to do this "legit" but are unable to compete with the piles of raiding guilds that are often there for one another to get the turn in for their alternate characters. You know how competitive scout can be and don't see the harm in throwing an auction out to those who are unable to do that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being in a raiding guild doesn't help someone compete on scout turnin at all, but there weren't piles of anything there this morning anyway so it's a moot point.

Quote:
"Hey we may not end up killing this guy after all", carries an implication that we had an open dialogue about whether or not I had a kill force inbound.
Well OK, I still think you should have not turned in, or at least should have spoken up to make sure it didn't go to waste, because turning in scout tools carries an implication that you are willing and able to kill the captain and loot the item.

Quote:
Please correct me if I get this wrong but I remember that you expressed to me that you felt I was obligated to inform you if I the necessary classes were unable to make it for the kill. This, I believe, is unreasonable.
The point is that you shouldn't have done the turnin when you had neither a kill force nor someone to loot it. Your obligation is to not do this. Once you did it, yeah I think you have the obligation to try to prevent it from going to waste.

Quote:
I could understand the frustration if you had arrived with a force of <Rustle> members, visibly ready to take the kill, and I had said nothing. But as you know that was not the case. It is not my responsibility to keep track of a single random gnome that logged in to contest the scout spawn. Players log in characters all of the time to try for a the turn-in only log right out afterwards.
But I didn't log off, I waited there for at least 10 minutes when you and I were basically the only ones in the zone.

Quote:
I am unsure why you waited until the mob had de-spawned to open up a dialogue. Plenty of times we have combined forces with other players and come to an agreement to roll on the disk after the captain is down.
Because I didn't know it despawned after 15 minutes. Since the rule is that the mob is yours for 20 minutes after you spawn it, nobody could touch it without your permission.

If I understand what you're saying, every time someone gets a scout turnin I should immediately ask them "hey I saw you did the turnin, do you have a kill force and someone to loot it?" (since it will usually take about 10 minutes for friends to arrive to kill if needed). I disagree, I think people shouldn't do the turnin unless the answer to the question is yes.
Last edited by planarity; 06-16-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Old 06-16-2017, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Nope what actually happened was you got scout with the intent of selling it, and couldn't find a buyer in 5-10 minutes so you let it depop. Leaving no one to get it. Really low move. Either kite it to prevent depop or pass it to someone else, this is just thoughtless greed. I think you know it too why else would you post this on a second forum account
Last edited by Nexii; 06-16-2017 at 05:32 PM..
Old 06-16-2017, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

You should probably keep your rnf out of his ec tunnel forum thread. RnF is the place for this and you will get a more lively discussion.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread