Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In WoW undead’s will of the forsaken was OP compared to most other racials and made them the min/max race for competitive arenas

That long with orc’s hardiness racial was the reason alliance claimed horde came to dominate pvp on the pvp servers but really we all know it was because we were better players

But IMO race mattered more in EQ
TBH wasn't the human racial more OP than the Undead one because it did the same thing, but for every form of CC, which allowed humans to use better trinkets? I think Human Rogues were considered good too because of the +sword skill or whatever? But it didn't feel game-breaking or anything. At least not to me.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Y is horde better?
I been meaning to ask you if Dragonflight is "worth" it? It looked so dumb to me the second it was announced, and I just felt like Blizzard was doubling down on everything I hated about Shadowlands. The advanced profession stuff seems neat, but it's probably designed so players are forced to buy more WoW tokens.

I don't trust Blizzard to make a good game in 2022 NGL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2022, 12:20 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2022, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah id didnt play classic b/c i already destroyed that game when it came out
I wasn't as excited about it as a lot of people were. I played a Rogue and several other classes back in the day, and I knew all those highlight reels you saw on YouTube weren't a realistic experience that you would have by playing the class in PVP in 2022. People know how to use trinkets now, and without Cloak of Shadows, basically the second a Rogue leaves Stealth he just dies (in BGs, not talking about duels). I remembered it being a really unfun experience in general.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In WoW undead’s will of the forsaken was OP compared to most other racials and made them the min/max race for competitive arenas

That long with orc’s hardiness racial was the reason alliance claimed horde came to dominate pvp on the pvp servers but really we all know it was because we were better players

But IMO race mattered more in EQ
WoW even did it somewhat with classes too.

Priests got a different spell, depending on what race you chose.

Back in the day, if you were planning on going Shadow, it was better to be Undead because you actually got an addition DoT.

That's crazy. That's like Necro here though, you better choose Iksar or else.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Y is horde better?
Horde = Death Metal

Alliance = KPop

Old 12-01-2022, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Horde = Death Metal

Alliance = KPop

Alliance players are dicks too. I started as Horde and I thought because they were the evil race that when I swapped to Alliance that the players would be nicer. Ended up getting ninja looted off of like 3 times my first month playing on Sargeras Alliance. I had never had that happen before
Old 12-01-2022, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alliance players are dicks too. I started as Horde and I thought because they were the evil race that when I swapped to Alliance that the players would be nicer. Ended up getting ninja looted off of like 3 times my first month playing on Sargeras Alliance. I had never had that happen before
If there's a game where I can play as an Orc.

I'm playing an Orc.

Except for Warhammer 40k. Dunno why.

But Orcs are awesome.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBH wasn't the human racial more OP than the Undead one because it did the same thing, but for every form of CC, which allowed humans to use better trinkets? I think Human Rogues were considered good too because of the +sword skill or whatever? But it didn't feel game-breaking or anything. At least not to me.
I don’t think humans got every man for himself racial until later, like wotlk, it worked on stuns if I recall

I think in classic they had perception only, which did give them a huge advantage vs other rogues in arenas, basically always ensuring the human got the opener
Old 12-01-2022, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Humans +5 to sword skill made them by default the best melee dps in the game for all classes whose BiS was a sword (all).