Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Default Zentile's P99 Monk Pulling Guide

As posted in the monk section here, I've added a P99 Monk Pulling Guide to the wiki. I've spent a lot of time compiling and testing that list, but it can always be enhanced.

I ask that anyone who finds it helpful please contribute their own tips or tricks to make it better.

Enjoy guys!

Zen
Old 05-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zentile's P99 Monk Pulling Guide
1. Some normal pulling techniques
Oh hey, I can do these.

2. Own hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items
Well shit

3. Have friends
Maybe this guide just isn't for me
Old 05-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

you did a fantastic job on that guide Zentile. Thank you for sharing all that information with the community.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Fantastic! I learned some things and will have to play around with some of these techniques. I may have some things to contribute but lets discuss them here.

The way you describe LoS pulling doesn't make sense to me or i'm reading it wrong. The melee will arrive at you first. That is when you FD and the melee is out of LoS from the caster.

FD Pulling/Yoyo pulling: This might be a different technique all together but I just call it FD pulling. Agro a group of mobs, pull them out a distance greater than their social aggro radius. Wait for all but one to start pathing back then "pop and drop". The resetting mobs will start resetting again immediately, but the one mob that did not start resetting gets a new random duration reset timer (this is the key because the reset timer has likely been extended). Wait for the returning mobs to reset to their bind points then stand up and agro the single mob.

Environmental barriers: Water and 1 way walls:

Good example is the one way wall to K in HoT. Mobs will not obey 1 way walls in pathing but they do obey LoS. Pull multiple mobs past the 1 way wall with an eye. Have a 2nd person tag when all but the last mob paths past the wall. Alternatively FD when only one mob passes the invis wall and have the tagger tag then.

Similarly you can use water in the same same way. Agro a group of mobs into the water and FD. Tagging monk can either tag the first one that comes out of the water or alternatively FD/server tic run into the water when only one mob remains in the water. If doing it by yourself you can use an eye to get the mobs in the water.

Some water creatures (SG) live in the water and will not chase to dry land. You can pull mobs like Icy Servants out of the water and sea horses/neriads will drop agro.

Eye of Zomm + Coth: Have a mage start cothing you, before coth lands cast an eye of zomm or stalking probe. You get coth'ed away but your eye remains. Use the eye to agro mobs. As long as you obey leashing rules they will chase you. In some zones like DN with exceptionally bad pathing nodes you can cause the mob to warp to you (highly discouraged).

Split pulling: You can use voidance to split pull very large trains or raid target that can 1 round you.

FD eye pulling with LoS: Same as FD eye pulling just use walls and other LoS barriers so you don't need to be as lucky with the split.

FD eye pulse pulling: Cast eye of Zomm and FD. Move a mob a short distance out of LoS of the others and click off eoz. Then tag.

Chain FD eye pulling: Cast eye of zomm out of LoS and FD. Agro a group of mobs around a corner. Stand up cast eye of zomm and FD again. Agro a subset of the mobs with the eye then split out mobs from the subset.

Kite pulling: kite a group of mobs indefinitely and tag mobs off the kite.

Ripping trains: Put in a lot of agro into 1 mob or pull a mob on a different faction from trash mobs. Have another person make a train (train up) that crosses your train. When the trains cross cross the train up runes himself with a braided beard of the coldain (cheap) or bladestopper (not as cheap).
Last edited by Zemus; 05-18-2018 at 02:17 PM..
Old 05-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

excellent guide - thanks for posting!
Old 05-18-2018, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

All valid points Zemus, I encourage you to add to the wiki to make it even better! I didn't get into much of the raid pulling strategies, but maybe that should be it's own section.

Zen
Old 05-18-2018, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eye of Zomm + Coth: Have a mage start cothing you, before coth lands cast an eye of zomm or stalking probe. You get coth'ed away but your eye remains. Use the eye to agro mobs. As long as you obey leashing rules they will chase you. In some zones like DN with exceptionally bad pathing nodes you can cause the mob to warp to you (highly discouraged).
This sounds like a bug since Coth is supposed to kill pets after last update if I'm not mistaken. While Eye of Zomm is not specifically a pet per se, it cannot be cast while having a pet.

Will need to see if classic, my guess is it will be hard to find evidence but I'll try. Baler thanks you for bringing this to my attention.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All valid points Zemus, I encourage you to add to the wiki to make it even better! I didn't get into much of the raid pulling strategies, but maybe that should be it's own section.

Zen
Oh I might if I take the time to organize a little bit. There may be more, and some of the above might not be suitable for the guide. I kind of just regurgitated some things you can do.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds like a bug since Coth is supposed to kill pets after last update if I'm not mistaken. While Eye of Zomm is not specifically a pet per se, it cannot be cast while having a pet.
/shrug maybe so.