Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I think the 2nd floor is traditionally all considered to be part of the Fireplace room camp. If you took Hand, that would mean you were taking a mob that is part of that recognized camp. (Or at least that's how it was when I've been there off and on). I agree if they left it up for 10 mins, they clearly aren't keeping the entire camp cleared, but in that case you probably really should have tried to communicate with them instead of just sniping one of their mobs.

KS'ing you on the mob wasn't ok though.
This is false information.

The closest gms have ever come to defining what a camp is would be whats in your groups immediate los. That’s it. As for trying to hold more “camps” you need to pick which one you want and keep it cleared and give the other spot to the person/group who wants it.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is false information.

The closest gms have ever come to defining what a camp is would be whats in your groups immediate los. That’s it. As for trying to hold more “camps” you need to pick which one you want and keep it cleared and give the other spot to the person/group who wants it.
I was referencing more what's commonly considered a camp by the community, not so much what's enforceable by GMs. There's a lot of camps that encompass more than one room, or an "inside and outside this door" situation, that don't meet the GM enforceable guidelines, but which the majority of the people in the zone will respect as a camp.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also a stupid name, he should be forced to change it because it's so gay
Old 10-29-2018, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Petition99 working as intended.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-30-2018, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Your biggest mistake was not petitioning him as soon as you got in the zone.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:53 PM
Kobold

OP made this entire story up holy cow I can't believe you all got caught up in it like seriously did some of you just start browsing rnf yesterday the whole thing was full of holes and inconsistencies like it was crying out that it was a troll post
Old 10-31-2018, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

Camp Disputes: At the time of the dispute it's best to petition in game. There's a lot of confusion about what constitutes a "camp", but if you feel your camp is being invaded whatever you do, don't KS another player. Do not touch a mob someone else has already engaged, this looks really bad for you. We recommend all players to run OBS/FRAPS and record your dispute in action then post it on the petitions / exploits forums.

OP here's this too.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 10-31-2018, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

P99 should just include fraps in the installer.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 11-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Orc

Default You are right

If you can’t see your mobs or aren’t actively engaging, you can’t claim multiple camps! He was wrong to claim multiple “camps”, but next time say something first in ooc. He/they are allowed to pick their first choice and leave you to your first choice, then it’s free for all. High level is also not supposed to PL in peak when other level appropriate players want a turn. This is considered and detailed in the play nice policy I believe about not disrupting the natural flow of a zone (ie bards or monks pulling entire zones of mobs). Do your best to communicate with players about your intentions, and if they are jerks, not only petition, but save your logs for proof of their comments. Good luck! Fair warning, overcrowding and over camping popular spots has been an issue for me in p99 since day one.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

The way I see camps is whatever the name of that camp is. If you're camping throne room in CB, you have the mobs in the throne room. MM pond is the mobs around the pond, unrest MR is just the mobs in the main room, stables in CoM are just the mobs in the stables, etc. Anything a group gets beyond that is considered FFA unless someone decides to actively camp those other spots.

We're a bit spoiled on this server, especially when it comes to camps. I remember being in groups on live where our camp was only 2-3 mobs and in really crap situations, you have 1 spawn to your name. Here, people expect the whole zone to be open to them and end up screwing over others just trying to get one more sliver of a blue.

Next time someone does that, just tell them to pick a spot to camp and you'll take the other. If they can't follow the rules, fraps/logs/steal their identity and petition.
Closed Thread