Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Default Help for New Delf Necro!

Hiya guys and gal (maybe)!

I have a Delf necro, got him to lvl 15 so far, but I was wondering what goals should be in my long-term "to do" list.

I know there are a few items that I want - one of which being a Circlet of Shadow before Velious nerf-hammer descends on it, because supposedly it is killer to have, even if it is super duper expensive, and I won't be able to farm it for 20 lvls which should take me about... a year. I also want a harvester just for pure sexy-ness value.. But are there any other Items that are super important for necros?

I was wandering around the forums and someone was saying something about a clicky stick for a duration lifetap or something, though they never actually said the item name..

Is the epic something I could realistically attempt? I know it seems very difficult with the PoSky stuff and all, but the thought of having a sparkly duck on a stick to wave in people's faces has always appealed to me.

If anyone knows a decent way to make money to try to make my insta-invis dreams come true for a lower lvl player to the server, that would be swell also. I've been farming spiderling silks and killing every bear I see, however I think almost all of that money is going to evaporate towards spells, and the thought of killing 5-6k spiderlings to get the hat makes me sick to contemplate.

Also where should my stats try to head? someone was super nice and gave me some HP rings, but should I aim for 200 int over time? or just try to get +HP/Mana items?

Oh very important: No I don't care about your Iksar's super neato health regen or whatever. You're slimy and everyone hates you. Also Dark Elves are basically just pure sex.

Thanks for any tips and help you can give!
-Elterei, 15th kick ass Necromancer of Innoruuk
Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome!

Here is a lil guide I followed when I first joined the server. (my first character was a necro as well)

Fear kiting for profit:

Nybright Sisters (bronze weapons each kill) in Lfay till 18 or so...
Crag Spiders (sell silks to players in bulk) in EK till 24 or so...
Sister Hut (11p long sword per kill) in OOT till 28 or so...
Halfling Deputies (11p spears each kill) in Misty Thicket till 35 or so...
Spectres / Hill Giants (11p scythes, gems / 45p loots) in OOT/Feerrott/Oasis and Rathe Mountains till 46 or so...
Seafury Cyclops ($$$) in OOT starting at 46+

HP>>MANA>>INT for necro equipment importance.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome! Most of my leveling suggestions can be found here.

As for making money: Being a Dark Elf Necro, you have the rep to do the Thex Mallet Quest. You can sell this as a cheap item for MR sets, or you can turn it in for the quest reward of a Reaper of the Dead. The Reaper can be clicked from inventory by any class for a Complete Heal. You can sell these in EC for a good chunk of change (I see them advertised for 2-3k at the moment) as a raider utility. Although you'll want to be higher level to do the Unrest part reliably.

Additionally, you can quest for Leatherfoot Raider Skullcaps and sell them for 600-750p a pop in EC. You can save up all the skins for turn in after turn in.

The epic is realistic, but tough. It is not impossible.

For stats, there is contention. Some emphasize HP, others emphasize Mana. I feel that a balance is needed. Mana serves a purpose in a certain type of situation, and HP serves a strong purpose in another. If you're soloing an active camp, I'd suggest HP. If you're soloing an AFK camp, I'd suggest Mana.

Feel free to send me a tell in game if you have any other specific questions you'd like to ask.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 04-09-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

A Circlet of Shadows can be purchased for 2.5k if you find a low ball seller with 3-3.5k being more likely. You can follow Bill Tetleys suggested camp list (which is a pretty good one) but I'd do the SK treants from 27ish to 34 (i started them at lvl 24 but it was risky and only possible because I was twinked with jboots). These guys will net you 3k plat going from 27 to 34 fairly easily and you can use the aviak merchant in KFC to convert the heavy gold into light and stackable topaz which you can use to buy your CoS (probably the single most important item for you to buy if you don't think you can get to 50 or so in time to farm your own before the velious nerf).

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread