Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Banned

Default Any good money making for lowbies in Kunark?

I'm a 16 Necro in Field of Bone atm.

Need money for spells.

Are there any lucrative ways to grind out some coin for lowbies, anywhere in Kunark?

I know mobs drop that shield that vendors for 1p and of course I can flood my bags with bone chips, but are there any mobs that drop bronze weapons or equivalent? Or any low level quest I can repeat for a small amount of coin?
Old 05-11-2018, 09:50 AM
Fire Giant

Not really any cash camps around there that I know of, FM giant fort is probably the lowest level and that's 20+. Best bet is to amass bone chips in Kurns and try to sell them to players for around 10p per stack. Don't necessarily have to run to EC for that either - often people that are doing bone chips turn ins for cab faction will try to buy them in FoB.

Another option would be to camp the iksar berserker club in Kurns basement. Somewhat rare but one drop will buy all of your spells up through level 30ish - think they go for around 200pp still.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 05-11-2018, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Excellent sabertooth tiger hides to players, the fangs are 1pp to vendors. Marauders drop shields worth 1pp. As such I suggest lake of ill omen. Watch out for sat sk couriers, they can drop the goblin Ghazugi ring worth 7kpp.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Going into Kurns and farming bone chips is probably the easiest thing to do. Necros, SKs and people wanting to get an alt to 12 quickly will come to FoB and buy stacks of bone chips from noobies. It won't be quick, but you should still be able to get some exp out of kurns and its fairly easy to do. Then just sell any weapons / shields you get to vendors for some side cash.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

The crusader and jester ph in kurns drop fine steel btw. You typically make more from fine steel camping a ibc than you do from the worth of the club!
Old 05-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Massacre skellies in Kurn's and pray to RNGesus that a wiz click wand will drop that sells for 1-2k.

(Note that I have killed thousands of skeletons in there without seeing one)
Old 05-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The crusader and jester ph in kurns drop fine steel btw. You typically make more from fine steel camping a ibc than you do from the worth of the club!
You can also do the Skull of Torture quest in there, I believe you only need 1 drop (something like a glowing skull off one of the skeletons) and hand it in to the Cook when he's up. Cook isn't classic to spawn 100% in stables like he is, but he always shows in the same spot. Think it sells for like 150-300pp in tunnel, but been a while. Or wear it yourself, good +INT item.

While there, kill the fingered skeleton thing, collect the withered fingers (PH is on a long timer). Monks wanting to do their shackle quest get stuck on this a lot, would be more than willing to shell out some plat for the finger they need (I paid 40pp for one).

Kurns is pretty easy to make legit lowbie money in if you just want stuff for spells.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide

Obviously it has many more options for higher level characters, but it does have some low-level ones too.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Seems like the burynai in kurns drop leather armor that sells for a few plat each to vendors. At low level only buy the most important spells needed for leveling until you can afford other spells.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 05-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wand only drops off icebones iirc and they are pretty rare so this is not a good way of making plat
Agreed. I have PLed countless characters in Kurns, never seen one drop myself.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Closed Thread