Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Sarnak

at 24, as a shaman, i was trying to solo these mammos in ef tonight too. unfortunately i died and was bound in dagnors cauldron and probably in a death loop lulz...

anyways, i think these mammos have really high resists because even with malaise my roots get a lot of resists and my poison dot is almost a guaranteed 1-3 resists.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Large Bat

Does anyone know when Dot Stacking nerf will be removed. Does it happen by Velious or after that. As a root dotting Druid it is just unplayable until they reverse it. If it happens post Velious time to put the Druid to bed.

Gaf
Old 04-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this advice must be for high level druids because Charm Animals for me only lasts 2-3 minutes max. There is no way I can level like this. Charm Animal barely lasts a few seconds most of the time.
That's tough, man. Maybe try some mobs that are well below you in terms of level (barely blue, etc)...I found after the resist changes were applied that I needed to be a bit higher than the mobs I was fighting to get my spells to stick consistently.

However, there are more things you can try for now. I say go to Lake of Ill Omen and root-rot barely blue mobs. See how that goes.

Be persistent, I'm sure there are druids out there doing stuff that works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Kobold

Lving a druid at least pre 24 is awful right now, I don't know how much damage creeping crud will tick for but stinging swarm at 13dmg needs to be stuck about 5-6 times depending on the mob early 20's. You could kill it faster meleeing, of course it will kill you doubling for 40's.

I haven't seen charm last over 20 seconds yet.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardenya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been charming frogs in PoS but never in classic so I cant advise you where to go to but this is how it works.

Find an animal and snare it. Always keep your charmed mob snared as you dont want to have a beefed, angry monster running towards at full speed you when charm breaks. Always re-snare at charm break! Pull him to a safe area where you set up your camp. Charm it and put it on guard. Next, buff it with STR and a DS. This will give it an edge against the mob it will be killing.

Now you can go ahead and pull another mob. Get it back to your camp, root it and sic the charmed mob on it. Throw a DoT, gain some distance to have time to react in case charm breaks. As someone has said, you'll need to make damage to get full exp.

I'd advise you to keep the non-charmed mob rooted so you'll have to deal only with your ex-pet should charm break but thats not necessary if you find it to be a mana drain.

As your pet kills the mob its been fighting your next move depends on how many HP it's got left. As you had it buffed up before pulling the other, it should have enough HP to be able to take on another without dying. In that case pull the next mob, have you your pet kill it.

Should your pet have only little HP left, break charm using either invis or hide and take it out. At best, it'll have about 5% left and will be an easy kill but still grant full exp. Whatever happens, you dont want your pet to die to the other mob as you'd lose out on easy exp.

So to sum it up:
1. Get a mob, snare, charm, buff; resnare on charm break!
2. Get another for your pet to fight, root, DoT
3. Break charm, finish off your ex-pet
4. Profit!

It takes some training to be able to pull it off smoothly but its definitly more fun than your usual root/rot. You can play around with pet buffs to see which works best, giving your pet the necessary edge. You'll might even throw a small heal now and then to make sure it survives the fight.
Great advice, but the problem that I had was that sometimes root/charm broke so fast that I waste all my full mana for blue 2 kills. My baby druid is lvl 16, maybe it was because lack of MR debuff? Or just random charm/root effects.

<Vesica Dei>
Old 04-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Orc

Well, I have little to no experience charming pre-PoP so I dont know whether charm works correctly here or not. Usually, charm duration is really unpredictable and random; it may last for the whole duration - but most often will not.

Back on live at 62, using Glamour and Call of Tunare, I remember it being kinda stable at times but I also remember break strikes where I had to reapply charm 3 4 times over a single fight. Glamour itself is 53 spell, thus not for new druids anyway. Root on the other hand is optional, simply to add a little more control over the mobs when charm breaks. Its a technique lended from charming Chanters but considering your mobs are snared and you're SoWed, root is not really needed as you'll be able to outrun them and recharm under most circumstances.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Kobold

The problem charming at these levels is your mana pool, if it break 4-5 times you probably don't have any mana left to do anything other then run away.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Skeleton

Is this nerf something that stays in place througout Kunark? I recall being able to stack the magic line of spells when I was paying in the Luclin era.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Kobold

resist rates are still too high, I have been documenting it in the bug forum. I am sure that is adding to your charm not sticking frustration.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

on DoTs:

with accuracy to aprox Kunark/velious time period, the ONLY magical Druid dot that doesn't stack with the rest, is the very 1st you get. All others of them do stack.
And of course your fire dots does stack with any magic dot, but they do not stack with themselves - you still have crap load of dots you can stack on your target by level 50 or so. (more than necros in fact)

I never did charm XPing myself as druid back on live, but Snare+Root+Dot+Dot+Dot + SIT and med - works perfectly. From 30 to 40 there are some amazing dwarves you can kill in Buthtcherblock =)
Closed Thread