Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-13-2022, 09:31 AM
Large Bat

Default Waking the Sleeper is a **** move

It's not meaningful raid content.. it's the top guild purposefully preventing the rest of the server from content. P99 is supposed to be a place to experience everquest as it was, by waking the sleeper you change a server permanently to remove content that only the top guild at the time can ever experience, it goes against the core principle of p99 in my view.

GMs shouldn't allow it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Idea: The sleeper should only be awoken as a GM event where after a period of time it would be reset.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Waking the Sleeper is the exact same thing as any other time limited content such as Manastone. The only difference is the timer is player controlled, rather than dev controlled.

You could easily say keeping the Sleeper sleeping is blocking all players who want to do the Essence Lens quest. There are only a few good Warder items, and for some classes the Essence Lens quest is better than any Warder loot. So you can't really use the "blocking content" argument, since content is blocked in both situations.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

As someone who is not in a top raiding guild I have no problem with them waking the sleeper. It’s a cool event and it’s completely classic. You just want to farm warder loot so you’re annoyed, don’t cry about it.

And frankly them waking the sleeper is meaningless. Even if they didn’t they would still lock you out of farming the warders. You think they’d get bored of that or something? Lol fat chance
Old 04-13-2022, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who is not in a top raiding guild I have no problem with them waking the sleeper. It’s a cool event and it’s completely classic. You just want to farm warder loot so you’re annoyed, don’t cry about it.

And frankly them waking the sleeper is meaningless. Even if they didn’t they would still lock you out of farming the warders. You think they’d get bored of that or something? Lol fat chance
this is like saying I'm not born in India so I don't care about Indian politics

lol
Old 04-13-2022, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you don’t got
Old 04-13-2022, 12:18 PM
Large Rat

"As someone who is not in a top raiding guild I have no problem with them waking the sleeper."

Sour grapes?
Old 04-13-2022, 12:49 PM
Kobold

I am so excited to get my essence lens rewards while wielding my primal
Old 04-13-2022, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Well after they do there's no real reason to keep Green separate from Blue anymore is there? Maybe that's also the beginning of merging the servers. Aside from UI what's the big difference between the servers after the Sleeper awakes?

Genuine question because I still don't know why they split the server pop, other than maybe people were getting bored on Blue and wanted a new start.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

I don't care. It was known from the getgo that warder loot was gonna be exclusive to 1-2 guilds and the players that could throw away enough of their life to get there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well after they do there's no real reason to keep Green separate from Blue anymore is there? Maybe that's also the beginning of merging the servers. Aside from UI what's the big difference between the servers after the Sleeper awakes?

Genuine question because I still don't know why they split the server pop, other than maybe people were getting bored on Blue and wanted a new start.
I have no interest in competing with old blue guilds. Just because Seal Team's trip is done doesn't mean the ride is done for the rest of us who are still looking to get into ToV and Sleepers Tomb.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:48 PM
Banned

dont wake daddy