Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-01-2024, 10:33 AM
Kobold

Recently rolled a barbarian and what a horrible race, possibly worst in the game, can't see shit and starts in the middle of nowhere. I'm going to go with barbarian mage as worst class option.

Gnome bard would be the #1 best combo (bring back the warders)
Old 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Every time I see a solo enchanter in troll illusion trying to milk that tiny bit of extra regen as a class that has no independent ways to recover health …

How much do you think they wish they could just be iksar or an actual troll?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-01-2024, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah, this is quite funny. I thought that the low INT and even lower CHA of an Ogre would make being an Enchanter or any pure INT caster an uphill battle for them, but FSI is just that good huh?
Indeed. An Ogre Shadowknight's starting INT is 70 vs a Human Shadowknight's 80 INT. The 38 CHA gap between the two is bigger, but Ogre Enchanters would probably get a bit of a boost there too, as human Enchanters have +5 CHA over human Shadowknights.

My Human Enchanter at level 30 is already max CHA with self buff, and the upgraded CHA buff at 49 would give another 22. So Ogres would be basically capped on CHA too in equivalent gear.

Enchanters are at the highest risk during charm breaks. Something like racial regen won't save you when you have a hasted dual wielding mob punching you repeatedly. The Ogre's higher STA and FSI would be very helpful in staying alive during this time.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-01-2024 at 11:25 AM..
Old 02-01-2024, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Human Enchanter at level 30 is already max CHA with self buff, and the upgraded CHA buff at 49 would give another 22. So Ogres would be basically capped on CHA too in equivalent gear.
Don't get me wrong -- I would take the frontal stun immunity -- but those cha pieces are a tradeoff. Even on my 60 cha high elf with some raid gear I have thoughts like "maybe if I get a Vulak robe I can finally put an hp item in my head slot."
Old 02-01-2024, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get me wrong -- I would take the frontal stun immunity -- but those cha pieces are a tradeoff. Even on my 60 cha high elf with some raid gear I have thoughts like "maybe if I get a Vulak robe I can finally put an hp item in my head slot."
I do agree with you that re-tooling the Ogre Enchanter's items would be a bit more difficult. The Ogre Shaman would have like 125 extra HP from the 52 stamina they have over a Human at level 60. So perhaps you could fiddle with an HP piece somewhere. Like using SS Arms for the CHA instead of Ikatiar Arms until you get Vulak Arms. But I guess that depends on which slot you would put Spirit Wracked Cord in. I don't claim to be an expert in BiS Enchanter gear, so this may not be the best example, but hopefully you get the point.

Something like https://wiki.project1999.com/Cloak_of_Confusion could be considered BiS for a Ogre Enchanter perhaps if it isn't already, since that has +15 CHA on it and some good HP/Resists/AC.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-01-2024 at 03:31 PM..
Old 02-01-2024, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Without overthinking it too much Ogre Monk would be pretty awesome, give Ogre it's own animation for final attack like Hulk Smash. Ability to sell anywhere with sneak.

High Elf Monk would be weakest, low str, sta, and dex. Would definitely need a Tunare only item to make up for bad stats.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah it would definitely take some regearing, I would probably lose 2-300hp but my gear isn't fantastic. Pom stuff,ss stuff etc.
But that stun immunity..big dream
Old 02-02-2024, 09:55 AM
Kobold

Dwarf monk, just so I could barrel roll into a flying kick.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre enchanter would be amazing. I can't even imagine how strong frontal stun immunity would be on an enchanter.

Gnome shaman would be pretty silly,but it'd still be a shaman so....hmm
every class pretty strong other than shitterknights,so any shitterknight would be the least powerful
If you don't know how to time a stun such that you don't get hit on an Enchanter you should maybe stop enchantering
Old 02-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't know how to time a stun such that you don't get hit on an Enchanter you should maybe stop enchantering
Nobody said FSI was required to play Enchanter effectively. Obviously this is the case, since you can't get it.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have. It increases your survivability by reducing the odds of an unlucky bash stun, however you ended up getting said bash stun.