Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's the point of this? i don't get it.

*readies Nerdbane, Hammer of Bonking*
lies and statistics are useful for the same reason [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it's wonderful to be able to lie
Old 02-28-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are basically saying the quote is pointless since it's not phrased in absolute terms. Why would a pointless phrase blow your mind?
it didn't, it seemed to me liek an earnest attempt at dismissing my previous point. if you weren't sincere that's okay, I just don't pick up on it all (much) of the time.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although we could debate about it, I've so far stopped short of describing it as "the" driving force. The interesting thing about this "debate" is the complete rigidity with respect to acknowledging that racism exists and affects appetites which influence news cycles whatsoever.

I am actually going down a line that could strengthen a clever Birther's argument: that the racists/racism involved in furthering Birtherism are rare/small, and merely used as scapegoats to distract from facts that demonstrate Obama's foreign birth. However, these two are abjectly unable to acknowledge any level of nuance beyond the ordained narrative. They've abstracted Tucker Carlson's refusal to discuss nuance (doesn't work on TV) into a worldview without grayscale. It's interesting.
This observation ties in to my old disingenuous debate tactics on this board.

By "magnanimously" acknowledging nuance that supports my opponent's argument and countering with nuance of my own (of lesser scale or what have you) I was able to defeat all comers on this forum. My opponents were all affected by a brain-scramble that prevented them from acknowledging the cession of ground they did not hold. This evaporated their credibility, and they would thus lose the debate even with a winning position. Whereas I would survive the same maneuvers by ceding.

Example: I would equate trans stuff with child abuse and perversion by acknowledging the existence of pathological outsider cases. No opponents were willing to state "yes, but...". They would get sucked into binary yes/no on the particular claim and attempt to deny the truth in a misguided attempt to save face. "Nuh uh!!!" This prevented them from following me into the rabbit hole and defeating me in depth even when they held superior forces. They would commit all to an unwinnable point of contact.

A winning strategy involves "retreat". To cede what you ought not hold is not dishonor, butt maneuvering.

Most people are not suited to command.
Last edited by America; 02-28-2019 at 04:36 PM..
Old 02-28-2019, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The argument is based on the assumption that racists would be more interested about and more inclined to discuss such claims than non-racists. i think that is an accurate assumption, but I'd be wary of asserting it as the driving force behind the meme because I don't really know shit about memes or social media ^^;
The interesting thing is that this was probably the logic of Obama's people and why they intentionally fanned the flames of his presidential illegitimacy. "I don't want to be a racist, so I better not vote against Obama. " the politics of white guilt.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you never linked a source just another picture
No, I linked another study.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
butt maneuvering.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
This observation ties in to my old disingenuous debate tactics on this board.

By "magnanimously" acknowledging nuance that supports my opponent's argument and countering with nuance of my own (of lesser scale or what have you) I was able to defeat all comers on this forum. My opponents were all affected by a brain-scramble that prevented them from acknowledging the cession of ground they did not hold. This evaporated their credibility, and they would thus lose the debate even with a winning position. Whereas I would survive the same maneuvers by ceding.

Example: I would equate trans stuff with child abuse and perversion by acknowledging the existence of pathological outsider cases. No opponents were willing to state "yes, but...". They would get sucked into binary yes/no on the particular claim and attempt to deny the truth in a misguided attempt to save face. "Nuh uh!!!" This prevented them from following me into the rabbit hole and defeating me in depth even when they held superior forces. They would commit all to an unwinnable point of contact.

A winning strategy involves "retreat". To cede what you ought not hold is not dishonor, butt maneuvering.

Most people are not suited to command.
what about the truth though?
Old 02-28-2019, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
what about the truth though?
I badly hoped someone would make an effort to drive us to the truth back then. An honest debate with me might have yielded such. None of the paladins of light were particularly interested in that. They prolly just lacked the facility for it, as these two orcs do. I mostly debate inside my own head anymore.
Last edited by America; 02-28-2019 at 04:48 PM..
Old 02-28-2019, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
I badly hoped someone would make an effort to drive us to the truth back then. Nobody was particularly interested. I mostly debate inside my own head anymore.
Truth is subjective now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth is subjective now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it always was you just got old
Closed Thread