Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Does 'Roommate' actually mean 'house mate'?

Like are you actually sharing a studio apartment with another adult, or sharing something more substantial like 2 bedroom apartment, city terrace or something?

Where I was young we didn't have many highrises...
Old 09-29-2017, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

(Not Ranting or Flaming, just genuinely interested in cultural differences)
Old 09-29-2017, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Not Ranting or Flaming, just genuinely interested in cultural differences)
Usually it seems "roommate" means grown adult living in same household, splitting bills, sleeping in separate beds, sharing kitchen, bathroom, etc. Usually a roommate is taken to lessen the load on bills.

Personally I learned while in the military I prefered to NOT have a roommate, I understand some people enjoy the constant presence of others around them, I am not that way.

I can tend to get irked if someone is in my face all the time, and I need time alone to recharge my battery. People wear me down. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

I see. I suggest referring to such an arrangement as 'housemate' rather than 'roommate' (as it is the house that is being shared, not the room).

To me a roommate sounds like something you might have at boarding school, in the first year of university or as a destitute living in squalor. (rant and flame now on :P)
Old 09-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Usually it seems "roommate" means grown adult living in same household, splitting bills, sleeping in separate beds, sharing kitchen, bathroom, etc. Usually a roommate is taken to lessen the load on bills.

Personally I learned while in the military I prefered to NOT have a roommate, I understand some people enjoy the constant presence of others around them, I am not that way.

I can tend to get irked if someone is in my face all the time, and I need time alone to recharge my battery. People wear me down. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*daps hammer*

I get very little enjoyment out of daily mundane conversations with someone who I have no business/money interest with.

If we aren't making money together, do I really care what you had for lunch? Or what girls you are macking? Etc. Not on a Tuesday night, Wednesday night, etc.

ITT nerds pretend to know people.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Kobold

"Wife"
Old 09-29-2017, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah if youre 30+ and dont have a wife and kids youre a drug addict loser. Or maybe you just dont give a shit about society standards and you do whatever the fuck you want to do. I personally want to go to work and come home to sit down and play for hours on end in my free time. I enjoy playing games a lot more than the idea of wiping shit off some kids ass and listening to some bitch tell me how to live my life. But hey, you do you and i hope you are enjoying your life half as much as i enjoy mine.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslaybac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah if youre 30+ and dont have a wife and kids youre a drug addict loser. Or maybe you just dont give a shit about society standards and you do whatever the fuck you want to do. I personally want to go to work and come home to sit down and play for hours on end in my free time. I enjoy playing games a lot more than the idea of wiping shit off some kids ass and listening to some bitch tell me how to live my life. But hey, you do you and i hope you are enjoying your life half as much as i enjoy mine.
between myself lhancelot and dslaybac

dunk crew is regulating in this bitch

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslaybac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the meaning of life is to reproduce. sorry you failed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah if youre 30+ and dont have a wife and kids youre a drug addict loser. Or maybe you just dont give a shit about society standards and you do whatever the fuck you want to do.
why do aggressively single people always justify it as some sort of rebellion against society? lol

just be single if you want, nobody gives af [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread