Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 10:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got 50 right before kunark released. I was on Bristlebane, one of the first servers to launch. Doesn't matter what those items went for. Me and the people I played with didn't camp stuff to sell, you camped it to use them. Need before greed.

I did try to get a FBSS to use for my ranger, sat 8 hours waiting on a spot to open at frenzy. Playing a game that long or sitting around to camp items to sell in the tunnel was still not not normal for me.

Xavior got his 1k from killing Ice Giants. I was a scrub, had a green silken drape until right before Kunark when I managed to get an Ishva robe. Never had an epic on any character.

You must've been one helluva power gamer. If I had camped and won the roll on any of the items you mentioned I would have used them or made a character to use them.
Well on Mithaniel Marr, with the exception of Efreeti all of those camps were list camps (not like /list here but camps that were running nearly 24/7 and people kept a list of people interested in joining the group) so need before greed was kind of a laughable idea. The way you got items you wanted generally boiled down to a) join the camp for the most expensive item your character could join a group for, b) win that item, sell it, then buy whatever item you wanted.

As a cleric I could only use efreeti boots and I had no interest at the time of making an alt as I had already spent long enough getting to 50.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So angry! Are you in financial peril?
The whole world is in financial peril
Old 04-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetherrr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well on Mithaniel Marr, with the exception of Efreeti all of those camps were list camps (not like /list here but camps that were running nearly 24/7 and people kept a list of people interested in joining the group) so need before greed was kind of a laughable idea. The way you got items you wanted generally boiled down to a) join the camp for the most expensive item your character could join a group for, b) win that item, sell it, then buy whatever item you wanted.

As a cleric I could only use efreeti boots and I had no interest at the time of making an alt as I had already spent long enough getting to 50.
So, P99 then.

What did you buy?
Old 04-21-2020, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lost 4 wands worth of plat. So about 8k down the drain.

However I made close to 100k on red wood wands sales before Seal Team decided to monopolize them. Wasn’t able to get camp once in the past 1 - 2 months.
What a bunch of virgins more like pleb team because this all been done before and it’s 2020 emulated elf quest
Old 04-21-2020, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a bunch of virgins more like pleb team because this all been done before and it’s 2020 emulated elf quest
Merkk you were so much cuter back when you were a young NBG punk.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merkk you were so much cuter back when you were a young NBG punk.
I assumed they were called 'Seal' as they are a bunch of flid autists that are capable only of giving themselves barking sycophantic applauses after repeating the same behaviour again and again.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enshadowed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly this, I felt pretty well-off at a few k in the bank. Outside of a Manastone, I don't even know what you'd be able to spend 100k on in classic. I'd sure have fun trying, though.
It's not about what you can buy in Classic. It's about saving up enough to buy your epic MQ drops in Kunark if you aren't in Seal Team.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-21-2020, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

White/Green scales, Earth staff, and such - should be /list'ed.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL.... the villain (hero?) has revealed themselves!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this screenshot was equal parts hilarious and terrifying. Crazy the lengths someone would go to just to steal in-game shit from people, but I’m impressed by that ingenuity lol
Old 04-22-2020, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Buying items from a merchant isn’t stealing.
Closed Thread