Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 03:44 AM
Kobold

Default Teams PvP question

This isn't meant to be bait, it's not meant to throw sand at Rogean and his team. This is more a question to see what the community as a whole thinks. I haven't seen a poll on this forum in regards to this, so I threw this one up.

http://www.strawpoll.me/17363927

Helping you get on Project99 since yesterday.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Heh. Red is already a barren wasteland, do you think they are going to want to host a permanent new server with an even riskier premise? Even in EQ they eventually scrapped the team PvP servers and merged them under the rallos rules. They kinda sucked BTW. It was just a constant zoneline campfest.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Team pvp was the best... Luclin started to kill pvp teams and pop finished it through... The merge with other server was just the last nail in the coffin... It was dead for years already...
Old 02-04-2019, 07:44 AM
Fire Giant

I am not voting. I need a more "sitting on the fence" option. I am frankly unsure but leaning slightly towards 'yes'. Would feel insincere to choose one of the current yes-options.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

If was empirically the best they would have had a team PvP server instead of red and they wouldn't have merged under the rallos rules but with team rules. Nostalgia is a helluva a drug.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

I started (and played for years) on Vallon Zek teams server. Was a lot of fun, and had some great experiences over the years.

However you really need a bigger population that I think would be interested to make this work.

Despite my fond memories, I really haven't the time and energy to go through all that again.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

When I played on live it was on Tallon Zek for like 5-6 years. We were very entrenched in an us-against-the-world mentality as a red server. "Bluebies are newbies" that kind of thing. I never thought playing on a blue server would ever be a thing for me.

Then I quit playing EQ altogether and for years all I had were my memories and fond talks around dinner tables with old friends. History became legend, legend became myth.

Then, 12 years later, I found p99 and have thought many times since playing on P99 blue "geez, how did I ever manage to play six years on a red server". While I did have some fantastic times and great stories I do wholeheartedly believe that EQ on a fundamental level doesn't work very well as a pvp game.

That being said, if there was a thriving population on red I'm sure I would eventually let nostalgia get the better of me and roll a char there.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:11 AM
Banned

Cringe.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Aviak

Tallon Zek rules > Rallos Zek rules
Old 02-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

I really enjoyed P99 Red. Things tanked when Holocaust was forced to become Empire. People started giving up. It was a new EQ experience for me, and it was a blast. Felt like the Wild West in that there were fewer rules. You could be any kind of person you wanted to be. If the Red population was to climb again, I'd play.
Closed Thread