Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 02:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Green rogue 1st purchase

I'm getting close to 10. This is my main and haven't spent any money yet. I've been using a giant snake fang so far that someone gave me but I'm thinking I'll need something new.

I think I have enough for either a serrated bone Dirk, jambiya, or a stellito of the bloodclaw. I was thinking that the bone dirk might be the best buy? After upgrading it it could still be useful to keep for duo kiting or something while the other 2 I'd wanna sell? I dunno.

Should I just go for whatever one I can get 1st from ec tunnel?
Old 05-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Go to EC and lvl for a while and scan the auctions. Mother Norrath will take care (just find a deal and go for it). An upgrade now is worth way more than one that is slightly better in a few lvls.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

My advice is to go to freeport, take the boat to sisters island with whatever plat you have. You can buy Purity Belts off the vendor for around 1pp and sell them in EC for 5-10pp. Do a couple trips and buy yourself a Polished Steel Dirk for 450ish.
Last edited by Vsai; 05-12-2020 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Get yourself a Polished Steel Dirk for main hand and as much STR gear as you can afford. In classic you can't really do much better... (not including raiding)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:56 AM
Fire Giant

Go for the serrated bone dirk or a glowing iron pike. You will want to stop using the dirk at 27 when it starts procing, as it all draw aggro. Of the other weapons you listed Jambiya isn't bad. Stiletto of the bloodclaw like the bone dirk has a proc that will draw aggro. I'd skip it.

At some point you want a gloomwater harpoon and polished steel dirk combo, which will set you back 800 plat or so.
Closed Thread