Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Large Bat

Tried to install this, but Norton Antivirus told me to go to Hell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2011, 04:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesquire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried to install this, but Norton Antivirus told me to go to Hell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol how so?

The file has been scanned by numerous AV's and all came back negative.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesquire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your getting a false positive. Ignore it.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Large Bat

I am sure its a false positive as stated above. It was late the night I was going to install and was too tired to work around it, I will be trying to install it again tonight. But yeah, I couldn't even open it. I downloaded it and my AV scanned it automatically then didn't allow me to open the file. I will try turning off the AV before I download it tonight. Over all looks like a very excellent program, I am looking forward to exploring it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Large Rat

I'm unable to launch the game from my shortcut on my desktop. All I did was install EQ Titanium, installed Duxa's (option 1) and it won't load. I even tried doing from the everquest directory itself. Won't load from EQgame.exe or Everquest.exe either. I did the recommended install of EQ Titanium. I've tried rebooting and re-installing EQ. Still nothing. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I couldn't find anything in the last threads.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.
Last edited by Clbhill; 04-11-2011 at 09:27 PM..
Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Does it give you an error or anything? Its strange that it isnt working.

if it was a fresh install of Titanium then option (1) wouldnt work, you should pick option (0) in those cases. Option (1) assumes that the game is already setup to run on p99 (therefore not a fresh install).

My installer does not modify the eqgame.exe or everquest.exe in any way. So I think the problem is either with your PC or with the install.

Did the game ever run before? What videocard / processor do you have?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Kobold

I just installed fresh EQ titanium, then ran your program and selected 0. Now I cant get the game to run. I have it on my main comp and it runs fine, but its giving me an error as if i didnt make a new EQ shortcut with proper non patching properties like if you install and edit everything yourself.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just installed fresh EQ titanium, then ran your program and selected 0. Now I cant get the game to run. I have it on my main comp and it runs fine, but its giving me an error as if i didnt make a new EQ shortcut with proper non patching properties like if you install and edit everything yourself.
How are you running the game? Option (0) should have put an old looking icon on your desktop --> [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] are you using that to run the game?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Sarnak

Nevermind I figured it out
Last edited by Maelstrom; 04-14-2011 at 03:27 AM..
Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How are you running the game? Option (0) should have put an old looking icon on your desktop --> [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] are you using that to run the game?
Yup tried that. I just made my own with the patchme thing.