Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-04-2020, 05:30 AM
Sarnak

Default Crashing on /camp

Most of the time when I finish camping, the client crashes. Not every time but I'd say about 75% chance. It doesn't appear to actually log me out either as I'll have a "character in the world" for a few minutes. I never crash while zoning, it's just when camping out. Is this a known issue? I couldn't find anything about it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Noselacri; 10-04-2020 at 05:34 AM..
Old 10-04-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Set eqgame.exe to use compatibility mode for XP SP2 (or SP3).

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tech_Su...ing_or_Camping

-Mcoy
Old 10-14-2020, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

When I do that, the game can no longer detect my UI or settings files and reverts to the default on every login. What gives?
Old 10-14-2020, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Hahaha this happens to me on my desktop, but not on my laptop... No idea why, it's been doing this now for like 4 years.. I just accept it as part of EQ, and tell folks when switching toons- "i'll probably crash, brb"
Old 10-14-2020, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

should also run game in administrator mode. Admin mode + compatability mode resolved most of my crashing issues.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I just kind of live with it as well but it is a bit annoying.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha this happens to me on my desktop, but not on my laptop... No idea why, it's been doing this now for like 4 years.. I just accept it as part of EQ, and tell folks when switching toons- "i'll probably crash, brb"
Some people I play with who experience similar issues mitigate them by using /q instead of /camp when swapping toons.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people I play with who experience similar issues mitigate them by using /q instead of /camp when swapping toons.
Fascinating.... Do they do this because the small chance of successfully logging out, isn't worth the 30sec camp out? Honestly i should just do this, why piss around when i know it's just gonna crash anyways...
Old 10-14-2020, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fascinating.... Do they do this because the small chance of successfully logging out, isn't worth the 30sec camp out? Honestly i should just do this, why piss around when i know it's just gonna crash anyways...
30 seconds after the /q you are free of "character in the world", and you can restart the client during those 30 seconds if needed.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

It does seem to crash easily 90% of the time on /camp and the wait to get back in appears to be the same as on a /q.

I've also noticed that if I camp out immediately after logging in, it doesn't seem to crash. The cause appears to stem from something related to having been online for a while. If I'm camping after a long session, it always crashes. If I log in and camp right away, the chance is less.