Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the heck, ok first of all that old log in character select was an ABOMINATION

so this is like way better!

But lol I don't even remember these!!! WOW at least they look different than I remember.
The geometry of the starting area is a zone as far as the game engine cares, and what you're seeing there is the same as the original. Sky (where visible) could be different since that uses its own layer, and the general lighting/etc can be different than you recall due to having a different monitor and newer/different video hardware.

The UI is obviously custom and appears to be an effort (and a pretty good one) to create something fitting with the style of the Velious UI rather than the Titanium UI. The original UI, in addition to the pictures above, would've had a couple more pages at character creation with the starting dieties/cities and a small blurb about the difficulty of the various class/race combinations. Titanium does not easily support the original-style UI elements due to viewport issues and other problems so the chosen compromise is understandable and effective within the limitations.

On balance it's about half classic now, which must be regarded as a good improvement over the former not-at-all classic character select screen. I like the change.

Danth
Closed Thread