Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 3k population in Classic, individual muddite spawns in Gorge of King Xorbb will be camped for XP.
I remember one double XP weekend it was so overcamped in popular areas between bards swarming, AOE groups, etc... that I went into Kedge with a group to do regular mobs and most of those camps were taken :s
Old 05-13-2019, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Guk being so camped you can safely move through the entire upper and lower zones is pretty neat lol.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was actually quite awhile after release that the whole exp penalty being shared with the party becomae common knowledge, and shortly after it was realized int casters also had a penalty. It wasn't until early kunark that I noticed any sort of "hybrid-exclusion". One of verant's worst ideas ever.
I wonder if it was a conscious design decision or just a consequence of their mechanics of XP allocation and they didn't really consider it that heavily. The latter wouldn't surprise me.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know where people are getting this 3k number that keeps getting tossed around from in the first place. I can't imagine there's 1k plus who will come back and stay, and blue would basically have to empty out which I don't see happening with all the time invested here.

If anything the population concern should be how much it splits blue or if one server or the other ends up too LOW pop.
Blue probably won't change much unless they ban playing on blue and green at the same time like you can currently do on blue and red. You know a ton of these guys will just play both. Socks come in pairs, sir. More than one can be pooped in.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a second there I thought you were describing <ALS>! sounds just like us.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being carried is the road less traveled.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know where people are getting this 3k number that keeps getting tossed around from in the first place. I can't imagine there's 1k plus who will come back and stay, and blue would basically have to empty out which I don't see happening with all the time invested here.

If anything the population concern should be how much it splits blue or if one server or the other ends up too LOW pop.
I can only speak for myself but I played on Blue for 3 years and no longer play but I do intend to give Green a shot.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrid shunning is bad for the game and should be removed at the start.
This is probably the only non-classic thing I'd agree with. But consider that Green is the fruition of Nilbog & Rogeans 10 year effort of recreating true classic EverQuest.

However, if there are FTE messages on Green or any of the quality of life things Blue has... then its already not perfectly classic.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if it was a conscious design decision or just a consequence of their mechanics of XP allocation and they didn't really consider it that heavily. The latter wouldn't surprise me.
The whole exp penalty system is wack from top to bottom. Druids/shamans get no exp penalty yet SKs, rangers, and paladins do? I'm guessing it went in early and nobody revisited it towards the end of bete and they were focused on other things.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole exp penalty system is wack from top to bottom. Druids/shamans get no exp penalty yet SKs, rangers, and paladins do? I'm guessing it went in early and nobody revisited it towards the end of bete and they were focused on other things.
If you could convince the staff that not only players, but the games developers didn't understand the XP penalties, then maybe you could convince them to make new (equally confusing but different) penalties on Green.

Hey, they did it with the ZEMs, there's precedent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you could convince the staff that not only players, but the games developers didn't understand the XP penalties, then maybe you could convince them to make new (equally confusing but different) penalties on Green.

Hey, they did it with the ZEMs, there's precedent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They understood them when they initially implemented them, which I believe was extremely early in development. The "vision" originally was that these classes would essentially be somewhat more powerful than others, so they should have some penalty to offset it. It's straight out of dungeons and dragons: classes/races level at different rates, generally as a function of how powerful those characters can become. It was stuck in their brains,

So while they added the penalty at the outset, they never satisfied the other end of the equation, leaving a penalty with no noticeable bonus. Bards might be the only exception having an incredible power set of spell-like effects while still wearing plate. But they missed the mark on ever other hybrid.
Closed Thread