Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimoneus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah was wondering if anyone would ever mention that, it's been in the screen shots for years. Too bad you can't just "like" or add an emote to a post or reply. This forum software must be as old as the game. And that would probably be...Not Classic.
The staff here actually tried to upgrade the forum software a few years back. Unfortunately they lost a couple of features that this version had in the process, and on top of that it just looked new and strange ... not to mention very un-1999.

After a great deal of complaining by the forum the staff reverted to the old(/current) version of the forum software.

Personally I'd love to see them try and do the upgrade again sometime, because I'm sure the newer features would be nice. They could avoid the past problems by making sure all the right functionality was enabled from the start, and they could use a custom skin to make it still look like an old EQ forum ... but after the savage complaints everyone gave them I can't really fault the staff for never wanting to even think about upgrading again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff here actually tried to upgrade the forum software a few years back. Unfortunately they lost a couple of features that this version had in the process, and on top of that it just looked new and strange ... not to mention very un-1999.

After a great deal of complaining by the forum the staff reverted to the old(/current) version of the forum software.

Personally I'd love to see them try and do the upgrade again sometime, because I'm sure the newer features would be nice. They could avoid the past problems by making sure all the right functionality was enabled from the start, and they could use a custom skin to make it still look like an old EQ forum ... but after the savage complaints everyone gave them I can't really fault the staff for never wanting to even think about upgrading again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea it suits the purpose just fine, even if a bit clunky and spammy. Definitely not a big deal, just don't see many of these still hanging around. It's been a hellova long run for them through dev/testing/gming working out all the kinks with the game itself, they could use a much needed break from having more shit to do. Like being able to actually play on the new server. Imagine that!

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 06-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

I would also like to send a friend request to clampiercer.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Reporting Clampiercer for naming policy abuse.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksar Master Race [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reporting Clampiercer for naming policy abuse.
Lame! He was a super cool barb rogue who I grouped with through my 20's on my first toon here. I hope he is reborn in greener pastures...

Old 06-11-2019, 01:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimoneus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lame! He was a super cool barb rogue who I grouped with through my 20's on my first toon here. I hope he is reborn in greener pastures...
Nah, I'm just kidding. I might use it as a surname on my Rogue.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Aviak

badass tool salimoneus!! thanks so much for this
Old 06-13-2019, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
badass tool salimoneus!! thanks so much for this
Glad you are finding it useful, cheers!

Old 07-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Someone had asked what happens to the older versions of the character files, before they are edited by the tool. There was a concern about losing previous toon configs. Valid concern.

If the Create Backups checkbox is checked, and it should be by default, then the toon config files are copied into a backup folder before every change, so they can easily be copied back into the main folder to perform a restore. There is a small section about it in the main post under Backups and Errors. Being able to do a restore of a previous version right from within the tool is a feature that had been requested, just haven't had time to get to it yet.

Another feature request I've received is preventing a toon from having itself added to it's own friend's list. I think right now that's a fairly lower priority change since it doesn't seem to occur very often with most people, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Had another request to prevent adding a toon's name to it's own friends list, I think it seems to come up more with couples that have an IP exemption or something similar. I'll probably take a look at adding that in. Also considering adding a Restore feature so that you can very simply revert back to a previous set of friends lists.

Closed Thread