Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

I mean couldn't you create the map in live, with the log files alone?

run along walls, create location way points using the /loc system, create datasets of all the zones...

then while playing, spam your loc into your log file, read the log file, place that position, into the datasets, and bam.. you have your position in the world, in fact thats probubly how the maps work on live?

also you could linearly get the data you needed to create the empty maps from the even files themselves, using many different ways to extract the data you would need. :/

Not sure I should even encourage someone to develop this tool by mentioning that its that easy...
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-05-2019 at 01:26 PM..
Old 06-05-2019, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems very not classic
Neither is discord. Log parsers are most definitely as old as the game itself though.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

run along walls, create location way points using the /loc system, create datasets of all the zones...

then while playing, spam your loc into your log file, read the log file, place that position, into the datasets, and bam.. you have your position in the world, in fact thats probubly how the maps work on live?

also you could linearly get the data you needed to create the empty maps from the even files themselves, using many different ways to extract the data you would need. :/

Not sure I should even encourage someone to develop this tool by mentioning that its that easy...
It's not just a hypothetical: multiple people have created apps that do exactly that (watch your logs to show your position on a map).

The only one I could find mentioned in the wiki was http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap, but if you search the forums (which is usually better with Google than with the forum search) I'm pretty sure there have been others.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

We gotta delete all these posts! Whats next, modify log file to show cats as players??? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-05-2019, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That is exactly how the maps were made in old EQ for the zones where they didnt give them to you.
Lyrri - 52 Wood Elf Bard <Vanquish>
Dainea - 50 Halfling Cleric <Vanquish>
Old 06-11-2019, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is exactly how the maps were made in old EQ for the zones where they didnt give them to you.
Yes that is absolutely how I remember some maps being made as well, good point

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 06-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

I apparently enjoy reinventing my own wheel(s) many times over.

https://github.com/ahungry/ahungry-map

The latest update is a clojure based client (so it'll run anywhere JVM can run, without headaches of C++/SDL portability).

Although, my first version (Common Lisp p99-patcher map program) used the browser to render, and API calls to track friends/other users, so you could actually see your fellow map users on the map and meet up with each other etc. easier.

Maybe I should add that to the clojure one (the c++, probably abandoned)
Old 06-11-2019, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Also, in the project is an "item-shop" project/tool I'm working on - a GUI for searching for gear with useful filters and no ads like on allakhzam (it can render ~40k items with no lag).
Old 06-13-2019, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I apparently enjoy reinventing my own wheel(s) many times over.

https://github.com/ahungry/ahungry-map

The latest update is a clojure based client (so it'll run anywhere JVM can run, without headaches of C++/SDL portability).

Although, my first version (Common Lisp p99-patcher map program) used the browser to render, and API calls to track friends/other users, so you could actually see your fellow map users on the map and meet up with each other etc. easier.

Maybe I should add that to the clojure one (the c++, probably abandoned)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, in the project is an "item-shop" project/tool I'm working on - a GUI for searching for gear with useful filters and no ads like on allakhzam (it can render ~40k items with no lag).
I've used the live auction logger numerous times, very handy tool. Will give these others a look, some cool stuff there, thanks for the links!

Old 07-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Had some reports about issues running this under Wine on a Mac, not too familiar with Wine and how well .NET runs under it, but will see what I can find.

Also have been considering porting this to Qt so it could run natively on Mac/Linux assuming the OS has access to the EQ logs under Wine.

Closed Thread