Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Default someone has to say it, this is getting out of hand...

Why the hell are there 5 plate wearing classes? Bards should not wear plate. Think about the game balance. You have 5 plate, 4 cloth, 3 chain, and 2 leather armor classes. How does that make any sense? If you moved Bard to leather, which is 100% logical from any sort of realistic fantasy view, you would have 4,4,3,3. See the balance? The symmetry? From lowest to highest AC, 4,3,3,4. See? So how did these geniuses who designed this game fuck up so badly? Explain.

What kind of dancing singer wears hundreds of pounds of plate, but runs at Usain Bolt speed? Every other game has bards wearing light armor. You can't play musical instruments with plate gauntlets on. WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS?

god damn you people make me sick...
Old 06-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Banned

I have to admit, this has bugged me as well
Old 06-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Keep christ in Christmas is what i was told.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 06-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Banned

They generated more aggro then tanks in classic thats why they gave it to them
Old 06-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

And Halflings (with Sneak/Hide) get a 5% XP bonus, while Humans (clearly the most inferior race) get nothing. And Barbarians can master being sneaky (ie. being Rogues) but Iksar can't? And Enchanters get Clarity when clearly it would have made much more sense for Wizards to get it. Same for Shamans getting Torpor instead of Druids. And ...

There's lots about classic EQ that doesn't make sense. The game succeeded (wildly) in spite of its flaws ... but even so I'd love to someday see someone make a "Violet" server that's sort of like Green, but with all that sort of stuff corrected.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And Halflings (with Sneak/Hide) get a 5% XP bonus, while Humans (clearly the most inferior race) get nothing. And Barbarians can master being sneaky (ie. being Rogues) but Iksar can't? And Enchanters get Clarity when clearly it would have made much more sense for Wizards to get it. Same for Shamans getting Torpor instead of Druids. And ...

There's lots about classic EQ that doesn't make sense. The game succeeded (wildly) in spite of its flaws ... but even so I'd love to someday see someone make a "Violet" server that's sort of like Green, but with all that sort of stuff corrected.
These are all good points.

Man, Wizards really should've had Clarity...that would've fixed them. Maybe even a really powerful self-only Clarity too.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Agreed on those, but those are minor issues. I'm talking big picture game design here. What I am talking about is literally 1 layer of abstraction away from "Lets have 12 tank classes, 1 priest class, and 1 dps class reeeeeeeeee". They went far enough into game balance to realize they needed a nice spread of class archetypes, so not sure how they got the armor types for those classes so wrong. Put me in the meeting where dude says "GIVE BARDS PLATE" and everybody nods.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Kobold

And yes, the complete broken OPness of Enchanters is disturbing. Clarity and int/wis buffs should have went to wizards. "Hey guys, lets give all the cool shit to this class! What about wizards? Oh just give them some nukes and maybe a root."
Old 06-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

3^(3) = 27; 3^(2) = 9; 3^(1) = 3;
27^(1/3) = 3; 9^(1/2) = 3; 3^(1/1) = 3;
27/3 = 9; 9/3 = 3; 3/3 = 1

27 is the answer you were lookin' for. The perfect cube. It's out of hand we don't have 27 class types with armor subsets containing 3 or 9 elements.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread