Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

Default An undead knight - mistmoore crypt.

I was tooling through mistmoore this morning on my ranger and saw a dark green "an undead knight" on track. Searched wiki with no results. Searched Alla -http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=25363.
Didn't see anything in patch about this mob being added. He is amiable to me and seems to be on Sol Ro faction. Does not respond to hails, based on reading the Alla comments. The time frame doesn't seem right. States he will give darkforge armor quest. Time frame on Alla states original but in all my time playing I've never seen this mob on track before. Nothing seems broke but I don't think he should be there in our time frame.

Thanks
Lartanin
Old 09-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Telin: Added missing levels to Mistmoore inhabitants

Overlooked that in notes. Sorry Telin. Not sure If he falls into that area. Not sure if he should respond if he does. Other thing I noticed while killing in there was no mobs ran at low life agro regardless if they were living during the day. Not sure if that is intended and they are classified as undead all the time now- can do some more testing if needed. Sorry for double post

Thanks for all your hard works devs.

Lartanin
Old 09-14-2019, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Think this should of been a NPC spawn issue: sorry for the wrong sub group.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other thing I noticed while killing in there was no mobs ran at low life agro regardless if they were living during the day. Not sure if that is intended and they are classified as undead all the time now- can do some more testing if needed. Sorry for double post
Which mobs specifically? Keep in mind they won't go into run mode if another mob is within a certain distance... not sure if Z-axis or walls affect that off the top of my head.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which mobs specifically? Keep in mind they won't go into run mode if another mob is within a certain distance... not sure if Z-axis or walls affect that off the top of my head.
I honestly wasn't paying to much attention at first. Was killing gargs for eyes throughout the castle. I noticed it when I was cleaning out garden toward cloaked. The humanoids not the undead would not run. I also noticed a familiar pathing through the music Hall that normally isn't there. He also didn't run. I can go back to and double check multiple mobs. I'll take my paladin and see if they can be undead nuked/feared. This was also when fighting them solo without another mob engaged.
Last edited by Lartanin63; 09-14-2019 at 08:04 PM..
Old 09-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was tooling through mistmoore this morning on my ranger and saw a dark green "an undead knight" on track. Searched wiki with no results. Searched Alla -http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=25363.
Didn't see anything in patch about this mob being added. He is amiable to me and seems to be on Sol Ro faction. Does not respond to hails, based on reading the Alla comments. The time frame doesn't seem right. States he will give darkforge armor quest. Time frame on Alla states original but in all my time playing I've never seen this mob on track before. Nothing seems broke but I don't think he should be there in our time frame.

Thanks
Lartanin
https://web.archive.org/web/20000419...show&BID=71329
Old 09-14-2019, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This was also when fighting them solo without another mob engaged.
The mobs nearby do not have to be aggroed for this "stay and fight" mechanic. Fight one of the two mobs guarding the castle entrance. Get it lower than 20%... it will not flee. Let it chase you away from the other mobs then you will see at what distance from other mobs it starts to flee.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moving to resolved.
Closed Thread