Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 03:38 PM
Large Bat

Question Trio advice

hi everyone,

I am going to be playing with my brother who played EQ briefly in 2001 and a childhood friend who has never played. I have been playing all flavors of EQ since the original Beta. In order to keep things simple, we are going to start in Faydwer. I was wondering if anyone had a trio suggestion for Faydwer knowing that there will be one experienced player (me) and 2 total newbies. Also would you recommend green or blue server? It seems blue would be quite empty for us to level and there is no class xp penalty but green might be a more authentic experience for them.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2021, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Warrior, Cleric, and have your best player play Enchanter. Only level in dungeons. Blue.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior, Cleric, and have your best player play Enchanter. Only level in dungeons. Blue.
Paladin/Shadowknight is an acceptable alternative to Warrior, too. But this is basically the only real answer if you want to be optimized. Otherwise just play whatever classes you like and have fun.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:04 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess it is the classic trio. I am just enchantered out at this point. Played too many of them. Maybe I will replace with Bard.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:06 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin/Shadowknight is an acceptable alternative to Warrior, too. But this is basically the only real answer if you want to be optimized. Otherwise just play whatever classes you like and have fun.
Yeah I guess I'll have them pick whatever and choose a complementary class.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

A trio is really strong if you even halfway put effort into a good composition.

Monk / Cleric / Ench might be the best combo but its hard to go wrong.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Another option:

Everyone start Iksar. Monk / Necro / Shaman

Super strong trio. Crazy synergy. No JBB for shaman but who cares with a powerhouse trio like that?

Go explore the entire world in confidence, plus the added benefit of charming undead too. The necro fuels the shaman + monk into an absolute zero downtime powerhouse. 2 feign deaths and 2 gates should make for a lovely safety net.

This is your best option if you want to get out of playing enchanter....and not sticking your poor friend / brother on a cleric. If one of you quits, you have duo combos there for the remaining players.

Blue is your best option, plenty of folks with less-than-top-end gear you can basically get for free.
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-18-2021 at 05:05 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 05:08 PM
Aviak

War/Cleric/Enchanter

Monk/Sham/Enchanter

SK/Sham/Enchanter

SK/Cleric/Enchanter

** Necro/Necro/Bard **

Necro/Necro/Necro

Necro/Necro/Enchanter

Necro/Druid/Bard

Bold
would be my experienced opinion because I know how insanely powerful 2 necros are and how insanely powerful a Bard + Necro are together. I once boxed 5 Necros and 1 Bard. Dungeon Crawling in Sol A, Sol B, and Guk = easy. Killing Guardian Wurms in Skyfire = Easy.

It's Pure and Ultimate Power. With Bard mana & HP regen + Necro HP to mana conversion you have zero down time. However without melody, your bard will have to learn to twist. Bards main songs will be HP, Mana, Run & Speed, however the bard can also swarm kite the necro's targets and then you're dominating (as if you weren't already). Also fun fact, your 3 man becomes a 5 man with 2 necro pets. And when you get the mask (Mask of Deception) that turns you into a Dark Elf, now you guys are 3 Dark Elfs. Also with 2 Dark Elfs & 1 Wood Elf, you can bank or sell wherever you want because you're rocking 2 factions.

This is the funnest playstyle in my opinion. + There's literally nothing in the game you can't conquer.
Last edited by PowaGamer; 01-18-2021 at 05:17 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Trio, starting in Faydwer:

Pally, Druid, Enc

The newb does Pally, the semi-EQer does Druid, and you do Enc. Gives you rez, ports, heals, cc, slow and dps.

Edit: Blue, cause you can twink cheap AF

also edit: Read OP is tired of Enc, you could rep with Bard, but you lose a lot of DPS w/o Enc charm pet.
Last edited by Master Roshi; 01-18-2021 at 05:31 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

I would have to agree on the necro necro bard combo for just destroying the game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread