Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Basically ^^^
Old 02-12-2021, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Can't they just sell tickets to these things? Like you show up at the Fear portal and you talk to the klok and get a wristband with a number on it and then later it's Attention #5656 - 5695 your raid opens in 30 minutes.

That would solve everything. And it would be classic.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know why it’s so hard to just create a rule that says “when X raid mob spawns guilds have Y minutes to prepare. After Y minutes happens Z number of racers compete for FTE.” Sure you still have to sock a little but it puts most guilds on an even field to compete for actual FTE instead of who can ever sit here the longest wins competitions that currently exist on green.
I also don't know why something like this has never been put in place. It literally satisfies everyone, from the hardcore competitors that want to win against other guilds and the more casual that don't have the time to sit and stare at the screen for hours upon hours.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also don't know why something like this has never been put in place. It literally satisfies everyone, from the hardcore competitors that want to win against other guilds and the more casual that don't have the time to sit and stare at the screen for hours upon hours.
I agree. I feel like this is most fair and reasonable system that satisfies everyone.

For the record, my favorite way to raid p99 was the pull era. I just really think fte lockouts is the smart answer here.

And since this is our community, if this solution ends up making things worse than they are now (Which, imo, is impossible for that to happen) .... you can always just change it back after a month..
Old 02-12-2021, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This UN thing isn't very optional from what I've seen.
Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's an effort to force the top guilds into having to deal with you instead of the staff having to and work through your incessant complaining and demands.
It's an effort to force the top guild to into having to deal with the fact that this is not their playground, that no one gave them the right to dictate the high barrier of entry to being able to compete, and that there is an entire community of raiders/players that their actions/behavior impacts.

Quote:
You wanna be the top guild on p99?
No, why the fuck would I want to tie myself to 24/7 batphones as a 40-something year-old grown-ass adult over pixels? But I play here too, and no one designated the top guild minority as "deciders of who is worthy of getting pixels" of the majority. There is absolutely zero reason why they can't work out something like bag limits or FTE lockouts or anything other than "well, that doesn't deny others pixels as effectively." It's all about our tears, to be honest.

Quote:
You're going to deal with the degenerates, appease them with constant rule changing until some pixels shake loose. None of the idiots I'm talking about will admit it, but for you the casual reader, consider it and realize the truth.
For the casual reader: the real degenerates that force everyone else into having to beat their zerg force and stand by 24/7 batphones --- these try-hards have had their way on Blue for nearly most of 10 years. And they want to dominate all the pixels again on Green. And probably on Yellow in 2023. And Mauve in 2027. And it keeps going on and on and on. When is it enough for them? When do you say "Okay, you know what, this isn't even competition anymore... this is like shooting fish in a barrel." instead of "Holy shit, grats us, we're so awesome. AGAIN. Ready to do it all over again on the next server because we get erect by denying others pixels." Who are the degenerates again? Nirgon is projecting hard because he knows his elitist position is ridiculous.

We're just trying to enjoy EQ, man. Not make it into a full-time job. But it seems a minority group of players who have decided for themselves that these servers are THEIR playground and have also decided they will NEVER EVER let people who raid casually enjoy themselves. In fact, probably over their cold dead bodies.

Why?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 02-12-2021 at 07:54 PM..
Old 02-12-2021, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why?
Because that is the rule sets established by rogean and nilbog. The server admins could change how guilds compete in an instant.

Braknar tried to shake things up and was dismissed.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why?
I was under the impression that p99 was supposed to be "classic"

What's classic about having guilds log into some 3rd party program so they can hold hands and talk about which raids mobs they can kill.

Seems like my boy Nirgon is right. Y'all filthy casuals want a piece of the pie without putting in the work. EQ has always been about putting in a ton of work to get the best pixels. If you didn't know that, or want something different, WoW is that way.

This is why blue/green are ultimately flawed and plain boring. Instead of crying to GMs about not getting trak, y'all should duke it out. It's what Brad would have wanted.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ has always been about putting in a ton of work to get the best pixels. If you didn't know that, or want something different, WoW is that way.
EQ has always been about a rewarding and rich social experience. The middle-management spreadsheet meta enjoyed by the top autists is merely a thread in the social fabric of the server. As much as they would like to think so, it's only a small portion of what the server life is all about. The server does not revolve around Trak kills or VP keys, and I'm am sure that data can show the vast majority of players never reach the raid stage nor do they want to. For every 20 of them, one goes on to sit there and count his points and think himself more important than the players they now denigrate.

These few think themselves the core of EQ experience because of the intensity of their feelings, but children always think Christmas is about them.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ has always been about a rewarding and rich social experience.

These few think themselves the core of EQ experience because of the intensity of their feelings, but children always think Christmas is about them.
Mic drop. Can close this thread now.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:29 AM
Kobold

Holy batman!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=378493

/bow menden
Closed Thread