Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 12:13 PM
Aviak

If I can just get to 10 with my Rogue! I may have to spend the few plat I have to for Crush Belts to get me partly there...
Old 11-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

I'm 11 on my rogue and have just been soloing most of my exp. The groups I have been in have been slower than my solo exp but I still always jump in groups if I can. If you find a perfect group like warrior/cleric/rogue I can see it being much better but most groups sprinkled with hybrids and poor class make ups will be slower.

I would just try to progress anyway you can. Worrying about being super efficient will cause burnout. As long as you are progressing. Look for group and solo while you wait.

Another thing about being lower level that people don't fully understand is how total exp earned effects your share of exp. It can really effect a rogue poorly at low level if you are several levels lower than a hybrid for instance. Instead of getting 1/6 the exp off a mob in a full group you might be getting 1/10. Normally killing solo you can kill 1 mob for every 10 a full group can since there aren't a ton of mobs available all the time.

I'm not saying avoid hybrid groups, but don't worry if you have to solo a bit while waiting for a group, it wont' be much worse even though you have a lot of downtime.
Last edited by Raclen; 11-06-2019 at 01:01 PM..
Old 11-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

When does Evade get implemented?
Old 11-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Kobold

April 29, 1999 News Bit from John Smedley

I think you will find now that the packet loss should be basically gone... at least on our end. We were definetely causing some of the loss before (only when we hit major numbers) but now things are very, very clean running and that is with 23,582 people on just as I write this (a new record).

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_N..._Patch_Message

At that time there were 27 servers according to this page.

http://www.zlizeq.com/Game_Informati...s_and_Versions

That means that at launch there were less than 1000 people each on the 26 servers available.
Last edited by korzax; 11-06-2019 at 01:56 PM..
Old 11-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by korzax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
April 29, 1999 News Bit from John Smedley

I think you will find now that the packet loss should be basically gone... at least on our end. We were definetely causing some of the loss before (only when we hit major numbers) but now things are very, very clean running and that is with 23,582 people on just as I write this (a new record).

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_N..._Patch_Message

At that time there were 27 servers according to this page.

http://www.zlizeq.com/Game_Informati...s_and_Versions

That means that at launch there were less than 1000 people each on the 26 servers available.
He means there were 23,582 people actively logged in at the time he was writing that message. Verant confirmed that by April 7, 1999 they had at least 60,000 subscribers. So that would be 2,300 per server on average (although of course it varied based on the server, with some being higher and some lower; IIRC from launch at the time, it really varied hugely from server to server...I think a couple only had a few hundred on for quite awhile whereas others were much larger lol).
Last edited by cd288; 11-06-2019 at 02:15 PM..
Old 11-06-2019, 02:20 PM
Server GM

Subscribers =/= active players. We had over 1 million characters created but only had an active player base of about 1200 prior to Green/Teal launch. I expect more of an even shift the closer we get to the 2 week period where the /move option ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Subscribers =/= active players. We had over 1 million characters created but only had an active player base of about 1200 prior to Green/Teal launch. I expect more of an even shift the closer we get to the 2 week period where the /move option ends.
True. But Brad confirmed in the past that in the pre-Kunark era average active player population per server was over 2k within a couple months of original EQ launch
Old 11-06-2019, 02:23 PM
Banned

my server was 700 so not sure what your smoking there bud, it didn't even pass 1k until halfway through kunark
Old 11-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my server was 700 so not sure what your smoking there bud, it didn't even pass 1k until halfway through kunark
That's why we use the term average [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True. But Brad confirmed in the past that in the pre-Kunark era average active player population per server was over 2k within a couple months of original EQ launch
Source
Closed Thread