Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The EU's waters are pooled (along with some non-EU countries). There are quotas of how much of each type of fish that can be taken. Every country is given a share. Individual governments are then responsible for distributing their share of the quota in a way that promotes competition without harming local economies.

The UK handed most of their quota to international companies, and I believe some smaller fishermen sold the rights to their quotas to others. Ergo, UK doesn't fish as much as it could, and blames the EU for that.

This is the Cronyism of the Conservative Party; selling the nations wealth to their 'friends' that I object to (though I am now told there is a higher tier of elites who are basically doing the same thing with Europe as a whole...).

That's my perception, I'd love to hear Thrombosis's.
Technically the UK is in the EU so I guess slapping themselves silly can be blamed as the EU doing it.

Thanks

e: do Brits eat much tinned fish?
Last edited by Wonkie; 10-04-2019 at 03:05 PM..
Old 10-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Hillary did win the vote, but lost on a technicality.
Manufacturing and agriculture are taking a bath right now and we have a year left of him monkeying at the wheel with his stupid tariff shit. We're running on credit card money atm from his tax cut as well.
Mueller did have him dead to rights, but Barr the Fixer was brought on to bury it and did so, just like he buried Iran Contra 30 years ago.
Impeachment is absolutely going to happen, its conviction that is unlikely.

Get better examples kthx
Old 10-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why didn't the UK fish more?
UK's fishing fleet has traditionally been based on small-scale, family-owned vessels that fish sustainably. Incidentally, the Norwegian fleet, which fishes its own North Sea waters and not the EU's CFP managed zone, caught roughly the same amount of fish as the UK did in 1960, but now they catch more than twice as much as we do.

@Jimjam - you like to blame the Conservatives but by my reckoning Labour were in power for around 20 of the last 50 years. Don't see much evidence that they gave much of a damn about the UK's coastal communities either.
Last edited by Thrombosis; 10-04-2019 at 03:52 PM..
Old 10-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UK's fishing fleet has traditionally been based on small-scale, family-owned vessels that fish sustainably. Incidentally, the Norwegian fleet, which fishes its own North Sea waters and not the EU's CFP managed zone, caught roughly the same amount of fish as the UK did in 1960, but now they catch more than twice as much as we do.

@Jimjam - you like to blame the Conservatives but by my reckoning Labour were in power for around 20 of the last 50 years. Don't see much evidence that they gave much of a damn about the UK's coastal communities either.
Yea, you're right there; governments on both sides of the commons to fault here across those periods. I don't think much more of Labour than i do Conservatives!

Thats the problem with democracy; no matter who you vote for a politician gets in! ��
Old 10-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Boris Johnson’s pitch for a Hollywood blockbuster revealed.

‘Mission to Assyria’, starring a “a slack-jawed archaeologist,” Marmaduke Montmorency Burton, avenging ISIS’s cultural destruction. Marmaduke is, in Johnson’s imagination an “old Clooney/Connery/Eastwood type geezer in his fifties,” with SAS connections. The female lead, an archaeologist, is “gorgeous but scholarly” (naturally). He hopefully suggests Angelina Jolie or Scarlett Johansson.

“So, I imagine,” continues Boris of his opening scenes, “We begin with a sickening montage of atrocities: beheadings of innocent people in orange jumpsuits, torchings of Shias, rapes of Yazidi women, and footage of the smashing and the demolition of the Assyrian cities. These bestial crimes are orchestrated by a horrible cologne-drenched jihadi with an air of mincing menace.”
Old 10-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

EU is allowing food to be pumped full of potentially dangerous additives
Old 10-05-2019, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

EU Empire to expand into the Balkans as Her Excellency Ursula von der Leyen clears way for North Macedonia and Albania to join. The noose tightens around Serbia...
Old 10-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1)Is the UK fish market equal to the Norwegian fish market?
2)Sustainability can be quantified. Do so and show that Norway overdid it and UK did not.
3) are all these fishing vessels state owned
Old 10-05-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I thought you right-wingers didn't want government intervention and regulation on private businesses? Can't the market sort that out?
Old 10-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

I think the tooth fairy has a better record than the free market on that.
Closed Thread