Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did pick up Titan Quest: Ragnarok since I already have the anniversary edition of the base game. I'm an Arpg addict D2, poe, d3, torchlight, etc..

Havn't played it yet due to work and life but I recommend TQ to anyone who enjoys Arpgs. Just be warned it's an older game that's recently been getting some updates. In fact the game titan quest came out in 2006. And out of the but they release this expansion pack. Pretty unheard of for video games.

---
I've avoided Vermintide because of the bugs I saw on launch.

I'm always down for a few rounds of space marine exterminatus though! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hold the goddamn phone. Titanquest is getting updates? By who? And what updates?
Old 11-26-2017, 06:56 AM
Sarnak

Steam does most of its business during these so-called "Sales"

It's like going to the Mall and finding 50% off signs that are there almost every day of the year but still won't stop your wife/girlfriend telling everybody that her new purse was on sale.

in other words.. Steam sale hype is you getting exploited and I think very little of you.

Look right now.. they have GTA 5 as "$60 Normal" (lol) on sale for "$30" ... do i need to explain this any further? I won't. But hey, its on sale!
Old 11-26-2017, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look right now.. they have GTA 5 as "$60 Normal" (lol) on sale for "$30" ... do i need to explain this any further? I won't. But hey, its on sale!
Fuck yeah. Half off!
Old 11-26-2017, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Steam does most of its business during these so-called "Sales"

It's like going to the Mall and finding 50% off signs that are there almost every day of the year but still won't stop your wife/girlfriend telling everybody that her new purse was on sale.

in other words.. Steam sale hype is you getting exploited and I think very little of you.

As I work in marketing, I am very keen to the fact that these are big revenue pushes for them. The fact is, unless you're pirating games you're going to pay something. I prefer working within the Valve system and picking up a few games when they are all on discount.

In between steam sales, they will run individual discounts to promote certain games; however, I don't watch the Store feed. Because I'm a casual, it's much easier to shop and save a little on games I want to play.

You seem to be having an autistic fit about people choosing to buy games during a large sale, while not presenting a better solution for acquiring games legally. This is not surprising for me to see from a p99 forums poster, but I do hope you'll edify us with a better solution for supporting game devs and the rollout platforms while also being able to continue our hobby. But, odds are, you'll read my reply and respond with more cancerposting.

Do I need to explain this any further? I won't.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

i bought P99 "EverQuest Edition" any1 play this gayme?
Old 11-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think Grim Dawn is by same people as Titan's Quest. Same leveling system. Much nicer graphics and pacing. I really, really liked that game whereas things like Torch Light and Path of Exile bored the hell out of me and made me think I didn't like the genre anymore.
I was going to say this exact same thing, so it was just easier to quote. D2 and D3 had more polish and the skills felt more dynamic, but grim dawn is definitely my second favorite arpg. You can have some pretty cool builds with its dual class system.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

http://store.steampowered.com/app/29...s_of_Eternity/

Pillars of Eternity is very fun and at a decent price right now. Fun game play.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/29...s_of_Eternity/

Pillars of Eternity is very fun and at a decent price right now. Fun game play.
I got about 1/2 way through Pillars of Eternity and unplugged. Game is not great and offers up very little as a Balders Gates successor. I think I may just be done with that type of pause oriented RPG because of all the BS that's involved with it (IE basically bugging the game out to kill all/most monsters). Don't waste your money on PoE
Last edited by Spyder73; 11-27-2017 at 12:45 PM..
Old 11-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

PoE overhyped, unfun gameplay (cheese tactics / find the exploit), poor character building, and had extremely obtrusive thank you kickstarter donators elements all over the game. It did have a good story and I feel like that's the only reason people give this game positive reviews.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Yikes, well agree to disagree I guess. I like the gameplay.