Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Default Magical items and their personal adventures!

Today after buying a magical ring, I had a small exchange with a wood elf not unlike some other small humorous conversations in the past.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This made me think, too bad items don't have their own achievements tracked, I mean imagine all the different players some items been on, and all the places some items have been!

Imagine if a game actually tracked such item achievements, and some magical items grew in strength through such individual experiences over time?

I think that would be pretty neat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine seeing all the weird stuff a set of puppet strings has been used on!

What reason might some one have to use their 'allure' on a young Halfling?

Also, from a sneaky point of view, you could track down popular recharge merchants by looking at item histories!
Old 07-18-2017, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine seeing all the weird stuff a set of puppet strings has been used on!

What reason might some one have to use their 'allure' on a young Halfling?

Also, from a sneaky point of view, you could track down popular recharge merchants by looking at item histories!
Those are good points. It would be impressive (or depressing) I am sure if you could track the amount of time an item has been used too, the amount of hours online for every item would probably be immense!
Old 07-18-2017, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

I have items in my bank from 2010. I do not have a lot of bank space [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2017, 12:12 PM
Banned

It's a good point and something I have meditated upon recently, myself.

During Ravager's fishing contest, I gave someone my old Skull-Shaped Barbute. They aren't worth a lot anymore, but it's still a great helm item for any warrior. Not to mention I've had that hat since 2013 and it has protected the Lord of the Misty Thicket through many perils. I told the winner he should accept no less than 5k plat for it and make sure to note that it is the Helm of Filbus Furyfoot whenever he goes to sell it.

I don't think he understood the gravity of the situation.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a good point and something I have meditated upon recently, myself.

During Ravager's fishing contest, I gave someone my old Skull-Shaped Barbute. They aren't worth a lot anymore, but it's still a great helm item for any warrior. Not to mention I've had that hat since 2013 and it has protected the Lord of the Misty Thicket through many perils. I told the winner he should accept no less than 5k plat for it and make sure to note that it is the Helm of Filbus Furyfoot whenever he goes to sell it.

I don't think he understood the gravity of the situation.
lol yeah.

I got a whole suit of the cleric quested ro armor for cheap about 2-3 years ago from some dark elf female.

She told me this detailed story of how she worked to get this suit of armors and it impressed me so much, I never could part with this awesome suit of clerical Ro armors.

It sits in my cleric's bank, to this day.

I imagine some day, it will be polished, pulled off the shelf and worn to some great battle in the future.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

I jokingly made a WTS post a while back, auctioning a fine steel sword but giving it a backstory about how much orc blood it had spilt. I had two people PM me offering 200+ pp for it, lol.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I jokingly made a WTS post a while back, auctioning a fine steel sword but giving it a backstory about how much orc blood it had spilt. I had two people PM me offering 200+ pp for it, lol.
Hmm. This makes me wonder, if you add some emotional attachments to items you want to sell, will people pay more for them? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2017, 02:12 PM
Banned

would be pretty cool to start adding "ego" text to items.

You could pay money to quote authenticity from the seller

"Helm of Filbus Furyfoot - Used for two years during his exploration of the Ruins of Kunark, Dent in Visor from battle with Trakanon"
Old 07-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would be pretty cool to start adding "ego" text to items.

You could pay money to quote authenticity from the seller

"Helm of Filbus Furyfoot - Used for two years during his exploration of the Ruins of Kunark, Dent in Visor from battle with Trakanon"
There isn't enough characters for my ego.
Closed Thread