Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 06:41 PM
Large Bat

Default Banded armor?

New to p99 and the green server. Found it on YouTube and thought I would give it a go. Starting with a troll shaman . Read where a guy use to give banded armor for free but figure that too good to be true so thought I would ask here instead of run from Grobb to EC. How much does a set run? And what's the best way to get a set? Farm bone chips? Thanks

Koldzee
Lvl 2 Troll Shaman
Old 01-31-2021, 02:00 PM
Banned

Fellow new player here. I sat in EC for a few hours hoping for some handouts and I can say, forget it on Green server. Not only does no one seem to care much about the plight of noobs, but the server economy seems pretty inflated compared to Blue. Not only did no one offer any low level gear while I was in EC, no one would even bother tossing a buff on me, not even when I was fighting mobs right in front of them at the tunnel

One time a nice rogue came over and bandaged me as I was bleeding dying from rattlesnake poison. Thank God for that, because I was bound in greater faydark lol. I was just killing mobs in EC waiting to see if someone was going to do a giveaway to noobs, and I certainly wasn’t going to beg for items. After a while I just gave up

Green server seems ultra competitive. People play a lot, and I think they assume that a lot of the noobs they are seeing won’t stick around. Maybe it’s from experience, I dunno

I never got any help, so I had to do everything myself. I was able to save up and buy 30pp worth of higher level spells I’d need from Highkeep in advance (because the run there sucks) by concentrating farming low blue con mobs to deliberately stretch out the level and allow me to make more plat. In particular in gfaydark there is a wasp which has a good chance to drop venom sacs which vendor for 3g apiece. That and vendoring cloth armor drops were the best way I could make money. Right off the bat as soon as you get some money, invest in a bunch of backpacks or large boxes to carry more stuff to vendor

No one wants your crushbone belts and no one gives a crap about your bonechips. That’s been my experience on Green server. So vendoring items becomes your best bet. Get in the mindset of not relying on other players for anything
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-31-2021 at 02:02 PM..
Old 01-31-2021, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fellow new player here. I sat in EC for a few hours hoping for some handouts and I can say, forget it on Green server. Not only does no one seem to care much about the plight of noobs, but the server economy seems pretty inflated compared to Blue. Not only did no one offer any low level gear while I was in EC, no one would even bother tossing a buff on me, not even when I was fighting mobs right in front of them at the tunnel

One time a nice rogue came over and bandaged me as I was bleeding dying from rattlesnake poison. Thank God for that, because I was bound in greater faydark lol. I was just killing mobs in EC waiting to see if someone was going to do a giveaway to noobs, and I certainly wasn’t going to beg for items. After a while I just gave up

Green server seems ultra competitive. People play a lot, and I think they assume that a lot of the noobs they are seeing won’t stick around. Maybe it’s from experience, I dunno

I never got any help, so I had to do everything myself. I was able to save up and buy 30pp worth of higher level spells I’d need from Highkeep in advance (because the run there sucks) by concentrating farming low blue con mobs to deliberately stretch out the level and allow me to make more plat. In particular in gfaydark there is a wasp which has a good chance to drop venom sacs which vendor for 3g apiece. That and vendoring cloth armor drops were the best way I could make money. Right off the bat as soon as you get some money, invest in a bunch of backpacks or large boxes to carry more stuff to vendor

No one wants your crushbone belts and no one gives a crap about your bonechips. That’s been my experience on Green server. So vendoring items becomes your best bet. Get in the mindset of not relying on other players for anything
/play world's smallest violin

To OP: People buy bone chips. Just gotta be patient with selling. They also buy High Quality Bear Skins. Farm those and you'll raise enough plat for a set of banded. The standard price for a set is 90p, or figure about 1 plat per AC on the pieces. I wouldn't worry too much about banded though at your level. Buy your spells first. A set of rawhide armor will server you just fine until level 20 given your class and race regen.

Welcome to the server!
Old 01-31-2021, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/play world's smallest violin

To OP: People buy bone chips. Just gotta be patient with selling. They also buy High Quality Bear Skins. Farm those and you'll raise enough plat for a set of banded. The standard price for a set is 90p, or figure about 1 plat per AC on the pieces. I wouldn't worry too much about banded though at your level. Buy your spells first. A set of rawhide armor will server you just fine until level 20 given your class and race regen.

Welcome to the server!
I’m not complaining, just mentioning that this is different than my experience on the live TLP realms back when I played those (briefly). Those when I was on them were perpetually dying, with fewer and fewer players logging in each month. Not only were there pretty frequent giveaways, I remember one time I just hailed someone who gave me a really good twink 1h mace just for hailing him

It was more of an attitude there of “please new players stick around”. P99 Greem is so busy and popular it really doesn’t matter. That’s why you did the /violin. This is essentially the culture of Green as I’m seeing it. “If you don’t like it, there’s the door buddy. You are irrelevant to us”. It just means the server is doing well. And I’m assuming people don’t want to give away stuff to someone they don’t know who possibly won’t be continuing to play, then the stuff just sits there rotting useless

Just pointing out how server populations effect server culture. And the reason I mentioned the thing about no one wanting bone chips was all day when I was playing not only did no one seem interested in my auctions, nor anyone else's auctions, which usually were pretty reasonable I'm assuming of 2pp for stack of 20 bonechips. Nor did anyone seem particularly interested in crushbone belts. Just an observation, but maybe it was an off day
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-31-2021 at 08:28 PM..
Old 02-01-2021, 12:35 AM
Aviak

I had a full set of banded by lvl 9 or so. i sold abt 5 stacks of bone chips and rest was from vendoring weapons and sheilds etc i scouraged up. i was in a high necro populated area tho so chips were kindve needed. put your head down and buy bags and fill them with shit and sell and get bck at it. youll get there bud
Craigyy - 60 Cleric
Tottal - 60 Monk
Vulakr - 50 Warrior
Old 02-01-2021, 01:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm always at tunnel ent giving buffs to newbs

just send a tell Azile
Old 02-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

people don't give handouts very often but don't let that discourage you.

I've given stuff to noobies before, mostly in a guild.

Once you find a nice plat camp spot make about 500-800pp and you get your first decent character you will be happy. People might expect more armor and equipment from you but as long as you have banded or bronze, hp/ac rings and some weapons you should survive.

I don't like to do it much either but you need to make a farming caster first unless you start on a fresh server where all melee/tanks have bad gear.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I’m not complaining, just mentioning that this is different than my experience on the live TLP realms back when I played those (briefly). Those when I was on them were perpetually dying, with fewer and fewer players logging in each month. Not only were there pretty frequent giveaways, I remember one time I just hailed someone who gave me a really good twink 1h mace just for hailing him

It was more of an attitude there of “please new players stick around”. P99 Greem is so busy and popular it really doesn’t matter. That’s why you did the /violin. This is essentially the culture of Green as I’m seeing it. “If you don’t like it, there’s the door buddy. You are irrelevant to us”. It just means the server is doing well. And I’m assuming people don’t want to give away stuff to someone they don’t know who possibly won’t be continuing to play, then the stuff just sits there rotting useless

Just pointing out how server populations effect server culture. And the reason I mentioned the thing about no one wanting bone chips was all day when I was playing not only did no one seem interested in my auctions, nor anyone else's auctions, which usually were pretty reasonable I'm assuming of 2pp for stack of 20 bonechips. Nor did anyone seem particularly interested in crushbone belts. Just an observation, but maybe it was an off day
Your posts do read like you are complaining though and it seems like you make yourself out to be a victim unnecessarily. I don't know about shaman, but as an enchanter especially, you don't need handouts. Besides the two big ticket items to make charming easier (J boots and Goblin ring, which you shouldn't expect to have at low levels unless twinking), equipment isn't going to make much of a significant difference. You can get the Stein of Moggok as early as like level 12 (buy multiple nuts so you only have to go to Ocean of Tears once) and while you're in Oggok just grab one of the many crude steins that are left to rot from people killing guards. If you don't want to do a plat camp, Steins of Moggok are easy to sell. There is plenty of cheap Cha gear to buy or you can go get them yourself solo or in xp groups.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your posts do read like you are complaining though and it seems like you make yourself out to be a victim unnecessarily. I don't know about shaman, but as an enchanter especially, you don't need handouts. Besides the two big ticket items to make charming easier (J boots and Goblin ring, which you shouldn't expect to have at low levels unless twinking), equipment isn't going to make much of a significant difference. You can get the Stein of Moggok as early as like level 12 (buy multiple nuts so you only have to go to Ocean of Tears once) and while you're in Oggok just grab one of the many crude steins that are left to rot from people killing guards. If you don't want to do a plat camp, Steins of Moggok are easy to sell. There is plenty of cheap Cha gear to buy or you can go get them yourself solo or in xp groups.
I am comparing to when I used to play live server TLP where people frequently did giveaways and I would be sometimes handed noob gear just for hailing someone or giving someone a buff. It’s a completely different culture on P99 Green

I’m not complaining, just warning someone as to what to expect. I didn’t go to EC to beg for handouts, I was passing through it on my way to high keep to buy spells with my own money, and I figured I’d hang around for a few hours to see if anyone was offering free or really cheap items for noobs (at that time I only had 30pp saved). Never once did I beg for a single coin or gear nor will I ever. I was able to save 3,000pp by level 16 on my first p99 char. I don’t need anyone’s help for exp, pp, or for free items, ever. Regardless I’m going to tell another noob how it is on this server, or would you rather I lie and say yes I saw tons of banded armor and other noob item giveaways in EC?

Edit: I already have rod of glamour, crude stein, and Moggok stein which I probably won’t ever use bc crude is better
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-10-2021 at 09:56 PM..
Old 02-10-2021, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I am comparing to when I used to play live server TLP where people frequently did giveaways and I would be sometimes handed noob gear just for hailing someone or giving someone a buff. It’s a completely different culture on P99 Green

I’m not complaining, just warning someone as to what to expect. I didn’t go to EC to beg for handouts, I was passing through it on my way to high keep to buy spells with my own money, and I figured I’d hang around for a few hours to see if anyone was offering free or really cheap items for noobs. Never once did I beg for a single coin or gear nor will I ever. I was able to save 3,000pp by level 16 on my first p99 char. I don’t need anyone’s help for exp, pp, or for items, ever. I think with this attitude I’ll fit right in on this server, actually

Edit: I already have rod of glamour, crude stein, and Moggok stein which I probably won’t ever use bc crude is better
Oh, I see. Well, I personally try to help out new players when I can, but to each his own. But also, they have to ask for help - I can't just read their minds and know if they want help or not nor go around trying to babysit and pamper every lowbie I come across who could just be an alt.
Last edited by TripSin; 02-10-2021 at 09:54 PM..
Closed Thread