Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 10:03 PM
Skeleton

Smile Well met!

Played on 99 years ago and just recently came back .. all my chars were gone but no biggy. started a couple chars then settled on the bard. It was my strongest char way back on original live. I recently saw that 1999 was up to velious and had no plans to go further. This was awesome news as I think the game went down hill after this expansion heh moon cats ugh.

Started in Qeynos and just soaking in the member berries. Its a LOT harder than I remember but the gameplay is so solid. Love the old models too .. not sure what they were thinking when they redid them and made everyone but all the female elves uglier.

Soulace the bard .. see ya around.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

[Mon Feb 08 14:14:00 2021] Welcome to EverQuest!
Old 02-08-2021, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Well, WB. Were your characters low level? If they got wiped because low level/inactivity you can get them restored.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Banned

Yea I really dislike the new models. Of course nearly everyone hates the ogre/troll Luclin models but I dislike just about all of them, mostly for how they stand. For some reason they were designed to stand with their hips to one side and one leg sticking out forward from the other, like they are at the end of a model’s runway striking a pose. It’s not a practical way to stand and terrible for your overall posture. And the fact that all the chars are standing like they are posing for a photoshoot just looks ridiculous to me
Old 02-09-2021, 01:31 PM
Skeleton

Yeah technically they were low level. But no b d at all. I agree the new models so bad. Old model animations are so good

Hit level 7. The struggle is real
Old 02-09-2021, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah technically they were low level. But no b d at all. I agree the new models so bad. Old model animations are so good

Yeah the game is super punishing at low levels, but this is part of the appeal to me. I always liked hard RPG’s like Dark Souls. Invest in some bags (look for medicine bags specifically, these are like 0.4lbs but carry the same amount as backpacks for 1/3 the weight) so that you can lug a bunch of stuff to the vendors to sell. Humanoid mobs like skeletons, kobolds, orcs, etc are always ideal targets to kill because they can drop bags, weapons, and you can get a free full set of cloth armor from them, along with coin

u could try to be a little entrepreneur and sell bone chip stacks to lazy re-roll chars who want to use them to PL through the early levels, but finding a buyer is rare. Depending on your area you want to find a turn in quest like crushbone belts that rewards armor pieces, because then you can sell those to a nearby vendor for mad bank early on. I personally preferred not to group because I felt like I made more money getting to keep 100% of coin and drops, but grouping is almost always better exp
Old 02-11-2021, 02:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

classic iksar attack animation would like to have a word with you
Old 02-11-2021, 02:54 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic iksar attack animation would like to have a word with you
What's wrong with the iksar attack animation?
Old 02-11-2021, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

I've never seen or cared about an attack animation. I didn't even know there were animations in the game.

Hey OP if you have your account info that is proper, your characters should be in tact.

Having old born on dates could be cool. Make sure credentials are right and go to petition forum and ask for support there maybe some wipeage that happened when the green server was being launch (old accounts nuclear bombed) but maybe they will help you. Worth a try, if you think it might matter.

Welcome back.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silavor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's wrong with the iksar attack animation?

go pop a 2hander on an iksar and tell me what's wrong, yourself.

Unless of course they fixed it. But I don't imagine they did.
Closed Thread