Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 02:54 PM
Banned

if you don't mind it being more twitch-based, the Dark Souls series will challenge you

I've only played DS3, had friends who've played the first 2 and the bloodborne versions

The biggest challenge in the souls games seems to come from the DLC's, if you didn't want to shell out a bit of extra $ on those, then I wouldn't even recommend the game without them. The developers really crank up the difficulty on DLC bosses and levels

I know the dragon Midir from DS3 took me like 20ish attempts, I remember almost pulling my hair out in frustration, tired and tilted at 3am trying to kill him before I had to go to work in 4 hours. I ended up not getting him and having to go to work all pissed off, got him later that week. Sister Friede would have taken quite a few attempts too, but I found a way to cheese her. The zone that Midir is in is so hard at first I almost wondered if it was even meant to be beaten, but eventually I got the hang of it after lots of trial and error

I believe one of the all time hardest bosses in any video game series ever though isn't from Dark souls 1-3, it's Orphan of Kos from bloodborne DLC. There's also some fire demon who is supposed to be harder than any Souls boss as well in Bloodborne series

Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics and especially Ogre Battle, are some of my favorite RPG's, but I wouldn't call any of them all that hard. The only hard part of any early game RPG I would say would be trying to do the Ancient Cave killing all mobs including the ones on the last few floors that are harder than any in the rest of the game, without using cheese tactics like the instant kill spear. Also beating the boss before he runs on first attempt. That's the hardest SNES era RPG challenge I'd come across
Old 02-25-2021, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you don't mind it being more twitch-based, the Dark Souls series will challenge you

I've only played DS3, had friends who've played the first 2 and the bloodborne versions

The biggest challenge in the souls games seems to come from the DLC's, if you didn't want to shell out a bit of extra $ on those, then I wouldn't even recommend the game without them. The developers really crank up the difficulty on DLC bosses and levels

I know the dragon Midir from DS3 took me like 20ish attempts, I remember almost pulling my hair out in frustration, tired and tilted at 3am trying to kill him before I had to go to work in 4 hours. I ended up not getting him and having to go to work all pissed off, got him later that week. Sister Friede would have taken quite a few attempts too, but I found a way to cheese her. The zone that Midir is in is so hard at first I almost wondered if it was even meant to be beaten, but eventually I got the hang of it after lots of trial and error

I believe one of the all time hardest bosses in any video game series ever though isn't from Dark souls 1-3, it's Orphan of Kos from bloodborne DLC. There's also some fire demon who is supposed to be harder than any Souls boss as well in Bloodborne series

Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics and especially Ogre Battle, are some of my favorite RPG's, but I wouldn't call any of them all that hard. The only hard part of any early game RPG I would say would be trying to do the Ancient Cave killing all mobs including the ones on the last few floors that are harder than any in the rest of the game, without using cheese tactics like the instant kill spear. Also beating the boss before he runs on first attempt. That's the hardest SNES era RPG challenge I'd come across
Oops I meant Ancient Cave from Lufia II
Old 02-25-2021, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

do ppl think eq is hard
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-25-2021, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Just bought that Oculus Quest 2..

My first experience with VR since I had the Samsung Gear VR.. I cannot believe what i've been missing man. I have a computer capable of running the good VR's but i really dig the freedom of this one, a total stand alone unit, no cables to get wrapped up in.. Its amazing man..
Old 02-25-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do ppl think eq is hard
nts hrd as typin.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:39 AM
Sarnak

Classic Original Ultima Online was the hardest. Other players could openly just kill each other an loot everything off their corpses. You want a camp? You might get killed for it, then all the loot you spent hours getting some else just took from you.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:30 PM
Orc

Rust
Old 03-05-2021, 03:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enesis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rust
Rust is definitely an interesting one. You can get extremely lucky by killing someone in the wild and getting all their good gear and it can be easy, but trying to build up from scratch just gathering/crafting can be brutal. And then you might end up being the one being murdered for your gear.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao i'm going to jerk myself off here

The Hardest game to be truly good at is Counter Strike. (P.S Rogean would shit on most of you at Counter Strike)

The game with the steepest learning curve is Dota 2 (or maybe fuckin dwarf fortress, I watched someone play that game once and what the fuck) Dota 2 as a strategy game is 24D-Chess. Often times the #1 and #2 teams in the world could have completely different ways to approach the game. OG winning TI8 is probably the most bonkers thing to happen in video games.

I'd say reaching level 60 in EverQuest is one of the harder things i've done playing video games. At least for me.
I think almost everyone knows what dota, and by extension dota 2; and in fact mobas in general are.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

What is so hard about CS? I haven't played it in years, so am admittedly bad at it, but it was a pretty straight forward point and shoot game iirc. Sure, it is really competitive, but I don't think that is the same as being hard. I'd argue HLDM took way more skill to actually be good at than CS did. You had to master movement, multiple weapons and when to use them, resource management, etc, all on top of being good at pointing and shooting. Go watch the classic Garpy vs Lynx 1v1 on youtube sometime and tell me that game isn't inherently harder to be good at than CS.

Rust is the shit, but not really that hard to be good at. It is more about being lucky and overcoming frustration than any actual skill. If you spend enough time on aim train servers mastering the recoil patterns you can get good at the combat aspect of Rust pretty quickly, and learning how to build / prioritize resource gathering is pretty simple. The big X factor in Rust is luck and how you handle it when you have bad luck. Door camper kills you coming home with an inventory of farm? 10 man clan moves in next door? Roof camper L9s you from a couple grids away? Of course with hindsight there are ways to avoid those things, but realistically it is just shitty luck, and a lot of people have trouble handling that.
Closed Thread