Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, it is. But the fact is that Blue is where Green is going to be in one year.

So if you aren't grinding with the timeline, you aren't really missing anything since all the fixes are on blue now, its complete. It doesn't seem like either community is particularly healthy but that would be my number 1 consideration.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Banned

It seems like a mistake for me to have rolled on green actually. Green had nothing going for it other than more players, which means more competition for camps, very little benefit esp as a solo class

What other negatives does green have?

1. Melee damage tables are crap on Green, and pets are overpowered in comparison. I wondered why literally 9/10 players in any zone are necromancers. I was watching a let’s play of a ranger who was 10 levels higher than my chanter, and my lev 20 animation pet was doing 15 damage more per hit than his char. This is fine for me as a pet class, but I wanted to reroll a SK who is going to be even more gimp than normal when compared to the pet classes until the melee tables get reworked like a year from now. So that reroll is out the window for me. Looks like I’m rerolling the server’s 93748492 necromancer

What else... oh yea, there’s no ability to cycle through targets which REALLY sucks as an enchanter, making me rely on trying to click around the massive oversized invisible hitboxes of mobs in order to cc. I’m trying to select a flying HUMONGOUS charmed Griffawn that’s attacking a wisp, and all I can select is the stupid freaking 1 centimeter tall wisp because classic EQ’s hit boxes are ridiculous

What else....oh yea the economy is still super inflated, and clicking the wiki prices on Blue before selecting Green will just depress the shit out of you. “Ooh only 300plat, I can afford this item, oh wait oops that’s blue, let me check green, oh it’s selling for 1500pp, YAY!”

What else....oh yeah there’s no pet window on green so instead I have to hit /pet report health every single time I hear my pet take a hit once he’s below 30% or so, so I know when to back him off and charm break. OH GOD DID MY PET GORGE HOUND JUST YELP OR WAS IT THE OTHER GORGE HOUND. /pet report health /pet report health /pet report health /pet report health /pet report health ...

What else....this is more minor but if you ever wanted to raid you would have a snowball’s chance in hell on blue but basically zero chance on green from what I’ve read on forums. This goes back to the too competitive, too many camps overpopulation issue

I basically regret my decision to roll on green and if I didn’t already save up about 4K worth of pp, I’d switch in a heartbeat if I was offered the same char on Blue. Mo’ players mo’ problems is how I look at it now
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-17-2021 at 06:52 PM..
Old 02-17-2021, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like a mistake for me to have rolled on green actually. Green had nothing going for it other than more players, which means more competition for camps, very little benefit esp as a solo class

What other negatives does green have?

1. Melee damage tables are crap on Green, and pets are overpowered in comparison. I wondered why literally 9/10 players in any zone are necromancers. I was watching a let’s play of a ranger who was 10 levels higher than my chanter, and my lev 20 animation pet was doing 15 damage more per hit than his char. This is fine for me as a pet class, but I wanted to reroll a SK who is going to be even more gimp than normal when compared to the pet classes until the melee tables get reworked like a year from now. So that reroll is out the window for me. Looks like I’m rerolling the server’s 93748492 necromancer

What else... oh yea, there’s no ability to cycle through targets which REALLY sucks as an enchanter, making me rely on trying to click around the massive oversized invisible hit o Ed of mobs in order to cc. I’m trying to select a flying HUMONGOUS charmed Griffawn that’s attacking a wisp, and all I can select is the stupid freaking 1 centimeter tall wisp because classic EQ’s hit boxes are ridiculous

What else....oh yea the economy is still super inflated, and clicking the wiki prices on Blue before selecting Green will just depress the shit out of you. “Ooh only 300plat, I can afford this item, oh wait oops that’s blue, let me check green, oh it’s selling for 1500pp, YAY!”

What else....this is more minor but if you ever wanted to raid you would have a snowball’s chance in hell on blue but basically zero chance on green from what I’ve read on forums. This goes back to the too competitive, too many camps overpopulation issue

I basically regret my decision to roll on green and if I didn’t already save up about 4K worth of pp, I’d switch in a heartbeat if I was offered the same char on Blue
This guy listed a lot of good reasons to play on green. Green is at a different point in the timeline and it is cool to deal with quality of life issues as God intended. I guess I haven't played on blue or green in a long enough time because I could always get whatever I wanted when I played on blue. The prices on green reflect actual desirability of items and its a way better place to play. I remember when Yak sword went from being uber elite, to O.K. and decent for fashion for people that were behind the times in kunark, to being o.k. but really quite outdated in velious, to being vendor fodder in Luclin.

Its nicer when the yak is worth big bucks IMO.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy listed a lot of good reasons to play on green. Green is at a different point in the timeline and it is cool to deal with quality of life issues as God intended. I guess I haven't played on blue or green in a long enough time because I could always get whatever I wanted when I played on blue. The prices on green reflect actual desirability of items and its a way better place to play. I remember when Yak sword went from being uber elite, to O.K. and decent for fashion for people that were behind the times in kunark, to being o.k. but really quite outdated in velious, to being vendor fodder in Luclin.

Its nicer when the yak is worth big bucks IMO.
There’s still plenty of quality of life issues on Blue. And if you wanted, you could always insist on overpaying or closing the pet window to make life harder on yourself. Hell, I don’t respect anyone who doesn’t do hardcore mode where they have to delete their char and start over when they die. Anything less than that and I say go back to WoW (jk btw)
Old 02-18-2021, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

I think blue is a good place for some beginners. Some people like me got into the game from gear from friends. I could see me loving blue, especially as a kid or even now.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue will also get custom content, created by the P99 devs
gross.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

Blue and green will be merged into red after maturity and you will all be sacrificed to the old gods.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Unsung I just meant that you detailed a lot of classic timeline stuff that hasn't changed so for some people those are cool things to live through that you never live through on blue if you start there.

I think you can't go wrong both are top heavy already and loaded with psychopaths probably quite a bit of people playing both servers at the same time holding down their favorite cash crop for who knows what ends.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unsung I just meant that you detailed a lot of classic timeline stuff that hasn't changed so for some people those are cool things to live through that you never live through on blue if you start there.

I think you can't go wrong both are top heavy already and loaded with psychopaths probably quite a bit of people playing both servers at the same time holding down their favorite cash crop for who knows what ends.
Yeah I agree with you on those points, there's no guarantee that even with less people that all the good cash farm places still aren't taken, they probably are

And yea, if Green does eventually get moved into Blue, then I guess I will have a pet window and be able to cycle targets with a hotkey
Old 02-20-2021, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Even before or if it never merges it will get timeline fixes.

Red had no ability to duck to interrupt spells and they left the ability on blue for some reason which kinda hurt my feelings.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread