Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just checked the current state of MMOS:

WoW: Classic sounds fun but live is wack

ESO: fun game but combat is weird

OSRS: Fun but very grindy

FF15: It's alright (still play it)

Every other MMO is either dead or filled with bots

Is the MMO genre dying???

Hopefully, pantheon or the new DAOC will revive it

what do you guys think
I had fun playing FF14 but fashion rewards dont do it for me.

Classic WoW is great if you want to try a new approach, WoW Classic Hardcore is a pretty tight knit community of players doing the HC challenge, rules are:

1.) Death = Delete Toon
2.) No Auction House
3.) No Trading with other toons.
4.) One Dungeon Attempt Per Dungeon, with other HC Toons.
5.) No grouping outside the dungeon above.
6.) Stream/record entire playthrough(if you somehow make it to 60).

It sounds miserable, but what it actually did for me was make me truly appreciate what WoW was trying to accomplish with trade skills, professions, and item progression. Getting Green upgrades for slots feels huge, sometimes youll grind areas safely EQ Style to do some safe progression, your awareness in every single area you level sky rockets. Suddenly you become painfully aware of where overpowered elites might appear in lower level areas after you delete a few level 20 toons.....

Close calls and high risk successes become legendary, dungeons are truly adrenaline pumping, and there is a lot of respect and trust between the HC players.

Anyway I think after i get more free time gonna give it another go on orc rogue.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:39 PM
Orc

rip Asherons Call
Old 02-24-2021, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am loving Valheim! I built this treehouse!

It starts as a survival game but its like, as close to wow as anyone of them have ever gotten.

I am just in my underpants climbing this tree, building this gigantic castaway swiss family Robinson house before I go out and hunt any monsters.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can't believe that game is $20. Looks fun as hell, can't play it. Probably gonna buy it. Probably gonna play it. Can't play it. Really, really should not play it. I remember Kenshi stole 30 hours of my life in the first few days I had it, and I need to put that towards learning hematology and benzodiazepenes.

What type of hours have you been dropping in it?
Old 02-24-2021, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

I check every once and a while for new MMO's, but haven't found anything that has really grabbed me like EQ and FFXI. FFXI got me to stick around because it had an EQ feel and level of difficulty at the start. Making your first run to Jeuno to get that choco license through the Highlands and getting your Taru smashed by a tremor ram along the way was the feels.

It seems like the MMO genre has shifted almost entirely to survival and FPS games and there's less interest in the deep RPG side of multiplayer games. I'm pretty burnt out on the survival stuff because it's mostly just reskins of the last popular survival game. Holding out some hope for Pantheon to pull us back to our MMORPG roots at least a little, but I wouldn't make any bets on it.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe that game is $20. Looks fun as hell, can't play it. Probably gonna buy it. Probably gonna play it. Can't play it. Really, really should not play it. I remember Kenshi stole 30 hours of my life in the first few days I had it, and I need to put that towards learning hematology and benzodiazepenes.

I got it cus my D&D group had one missing, so we were like, lets try a new game! We hopped in and most of us havent hopped out except for work lol

it was super easy to setup, we got a server for the 10 of us (the game is setup not so much as an MMO but as shards that you can bounce between and play in your friends worlds etc.)

You can build an entire town, by hand, and its FUN to do it! Its the most fun Ive had in a builder type game.

Right now I have spent really 2 and a half nights building that treehouse, just running to the woods, chopping down trees, running back to my house and building!

I keep hearing my friends talk about bows and arrows and magical spells, skeletons, trolls, dungeons and stuff, but I just spent my last 2 nights building that bad boi dressed like I was tom hanks in castaway haha
Old 02-24-2021, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yea don't do it if you can't get sucked in, it has consumed the last 100 hours of my life
Old 02-24-2021, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

ty
Old 02-24-2021, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea don't do it if you can't get sucked in, it has consumed the last 100 hours of my life
Same. Im only at bonemass. No rush. Its fun to fook aboot.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pics please! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2021, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am loving Valheim! I built this treehouse!

It starts as a survival game but its like, as close to wow as anyone of them have ever gotten.

I am just in my underpants climbing this tree, building this gigantic castaway swiss family Robinson house before I go out and hunt any monsters.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
woah
Closed Thread