Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 10:50 AM
Banned

Well my parents are officially completely consumed by the covid hysteria cult. Went to see them and the topic came up of why we never react this way to other diseases like the flu, which is also quite dangerous for the elderly and *more* dangerous to kids than covid.

I was expecting my mom to pause and think about that point, but instead her response was essentially: "You're right, we SHOULD have been acting this way all along for the flu and common colds, we should have been wearing masks and everything else all along, we could have saved so many lives."

So in her mind the abnormal behavior was how things were *before* covid, and how things are now is actually good. It's extremely disturbing and because it's my own parents being this unreasonable I'm genuinely concerned about it.

And yes, they watch basically nothing but msnbc and cnn all day. And occasionally sports.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry to hear that, hope they get better when the news tells them to.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:18 AM
Banned

Seriously I can imagine what it's like for people who lose loved ones to scientology. On my drive home I had this elaborate day dream about my parents disconnecting me or whatever that insane thing is where scientologists cut off all contact with certain family members or friends at the behest of the church.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:50 AM
Banned

Weird how its always republicans saying "lets leave the USA, but not leave it, just make this state not part of it anymore" no... they said they hate america and want a divorce. Go then.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well my parents are officially completely consumed by the covid hysteria cult. Went to see them and the topic came up of why we never react this way to other diseases like the flu, which is also quite dangerous for the elderly and *more* dangerous to kids than covid.

I was expecting my mom to pause and think about that point, but instead her response was essentially: "You're right, we SHOULD have been acting this way all along for the flu and common colds, we should have been wearing masks and everything else all along, we could have saved so many lives."

So in her mind the abnormal behavior was how things were *before* covid, and how things are now is actually good. It's extremely disturbing and because it's my own parents being this unreasonable I'm genuinely concerned about it.

And yes, they watch basically nothing but msnbc and cnn all day. And occasionally sports.
My in-laws are the same way. I've tried to have some discussions with them about this but they are dug in. The biggest surprise to me from all of this is how many are just waiting to be told what to do. How many don't have interest in examining things on a deeper, longer term level. Keep the TV on, keep my belly full and many will just go along.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weird how its always republicans saying "lets leave the USA, but not leave it, just make this state not part of it anymore" no... they said they hate america and want a divorce. Go then.
LMAOOOOOOOOOO i knw rite *tokes crack* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

-posted from my crack house
Old 12-31-2021, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 12-31-2021, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol I think im falling in love
Old 12-31-2021, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it used to be an acceptable position for men, fruitblake. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-31-2021, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:

Even your jokes are stale an impotent. Just like you.

That is why you dont drink while you're pregnant.
Closed Thread