Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It did need to grow tho.

Tax breaks, or "cuts" exist to incentivize economic activity the US government has an interest in promoting.
Marginally. At the point where teachers are making $50,000 a year and my stock portfolio adds more than that in a month, we need need to raise income taxes back to Reagan era levels and consider increasing capital gains taxes on stocks and second (or third) homes. Inequality is destabilizing. Populism and property crime are rising as a result of some of these things, and to some degree, I understand why a poor person without a college degree would not see the point of an honest job as opposed to doing bull shit like mining Bitcoin or stealing catalytic converters. We have gone too far free market. No honest, hard working employed non obese American should be unable to pay their bills for reasonable accommodation, food, etc

I wish I knew how to make that happen. Even giving the government more power to redistribute, or a tax break for essential workers like teachers, librarians, nurses, firemen, paramedics, etc, would be immediately abused. I think money in politics should be banned and political campaigning should be limited to 3 months prior to elections, with primary timelines dramatically reduced. When I decide what state I’m going to retire in (NC, Washington, Montana, Tennessee are the leading contenders), I plan on running for Congress as a moderate Republican. It would be nice if our Congress could even discuss ideas that might work without instantly poisoning the well by causing the other side redneck or communist
Old 12-31-2021, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Now switch to your main.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Marginally. At the point where teachers are making $50,000 a year and my stock portfolio adds more than that in a month, we need need to raise income taxes back to Reagan era levels and consider increasing capital gains taxes on stocks and second (or third) homes. Inequality is destabilizing. Populism and property crime are rising as a result of some of these things, and to some degree, I understand why a poor person without a college degree would not see the point of an honest job as opposed to doing bull shit like mining Bitcoin or stealing catalytic converters. We have gone too far free market. No honest, hard working employed non obese American should be unable to pay their bills for reasonable accommodation, food, etc

I wish I knew how to make that happen. Even giving the government more power to redistribute, or a tax break for essential workers like teachers, librarians, nurses, firemen, paramedics, etc, would be immediately abused. I think money in politics should be banned and political campaigning should be limited to 3 months prior to elections, with primary timelines dramatically reduced. When I decide what state I’m going to retire in (NC, Washington, Montana, Tennessee are the leading contenders), I plan on running for Congress as a moderate Republican. It would be nice if our Congress could even discuss ideas that might work without instantly poisoning the well by causing the other side redneck or communist

People would lose their fucking minds if they even KNEW what the tax rates were back then. They would cry. Then, they will commit suicide once they realize republicans were behind it.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-31-2021, 02:00 PM
Banned

I fixed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YmM...nel=zacklegend
Old 12-31-2021, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inequality is destabilizing. Populism and property crime are rising as a result of some of these things, and to some degree
You didn’t explicitly say it, but too many people conflate income inequality to mean one side of the spectrum is literally stealing the money from the other side of the spectrum. Inequality just means both sides are GROWING, just that the far side is growing at a exponentially higher rate. But as long as both sides are growing, that is still a net positive for this country. People get more fired up about income inequality due to being lied to and believing that evil mustache-twisting monopoly-game villains are stealing their money from them

Crime is rising because of soft-on-crime local legislation. Bail reform has put a lot of career criminals back on the streets, the Christmas parade massacre is a big example. People are not stealing loaves of bread like AOC claims, they are flash mob stealing high end clothing and electronics stores because they know they can get away with it

You should run as a Democrat, not a moderate Republican
Old 12-31-2021, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn’t explicitly say it, but too many people conflate income inequality to mean one side of the spectrum is literally stealing the money from the other side of the spectrum. Inequality just means both sides are GROWING, just that the far side is growing at a exponentially higher rate. But as long as both sides are growing, that is still a net positive for this country. People get more fired up about income inequality due to being lied to and believing that evil mustache-twisting monopoly-game villains are stealing their money from them

Crime is rising because of soft-on-crime local legislation. Bail reform has put a lot of career criminals back on the streets, the Christmas parade massacre is a big example. People are not stealing loaves of bread like AOC claims, they are flash mob stealing high end clothing and electronics stores because they know they can get away with it

You should run as a Democrat, not a moderate Republican
Purchasing power stagnation good or bad? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-31-2021, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People would lose their fucking minds if they even KNEW what the tax rates were back then. They would cry. Then, they will commit suicide once they realize republicans were behind it.
he said income tax.

thats you not elon
Old 12-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Purchasing power stagnation good or bad? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What contributes to that more though? Wage growth has not been completely stagnant, but now prices and rent costs have gone up. And why is that?
Old 12-31-2021, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What contributes to that more though? Wage growth has not been completely stagnant, but now prices and rent costs have gone up. And why is that?
because people dont want to be homeless and will make huge sacrifices to live in one.

culturally the concept of land ownership IMO is a toxic concept and that people should be more concerned with living off the land then owning more of it.

Patrims high taxes for owning multiple properties I think would solve the rent issue.

I will never, ever give a shit about the property management industry going up in smoke.
Closed Thread