Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What contributes to that more though? Wage growth has not been completely stagnant, but now prices and rent costs have gone up. And why is that?
no like hypothetically. no couching it in current rhetoricisms.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because people dont want to be homeless and will make huge sacrifices to live in one.

culturally the concept of land ownership IMO is a toxic concept and that people should be more concerned with living off the land then owning more of it.

Patrims high taxes for owning multiple properties I think would solve the rent issue.

I will never, ever give a shit about the property management industry going up in smoke.
From what I’ve been told as inflation rises the value of non-monetary assets such as stocks and real estate goes up. Rather than have your savings in dollars, put it into a 2nd house or more stocks. The stock market has been consistently rising in value on a whole because of this

So what is making inflation go up?

I’ve also heard there are rules preventing an financial firm like Blackrock from buying up entire neighborhoods and cities worth of properties. Investment firms can only buy so many properties in a given zip code. I would be for an increase to restrictions like these. I don’t see Joe Schmo rich guy and his 3 houses as the problem, I see investment firms buying everything up as the problem
Old 12-31-2021, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have curry on my breath nor is my home made of Adobe. You two bullshitters are just that.
What is this racist crap? Oh, it's just Republicans being retarded.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no like hypothetically. no couching it in current rhetoricisms.
It’s not hypothetical though. Thanks to inflation, purchasing power HAS gone down

You could maybe argue that wages haven’t risen to the level of inflation (that I’m not sure of, I personally received a 6% raise, not sure about elsewhere), but inflation is still a major part of that equation
Old 12-31-2021, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is this racist crap? Oh, it's just Republicans being retarded.
Bot opinions discarded
Old 12-31-2021, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s not hypothetical though. Thanks to inflation, purchasing power HAS gone down

You could maybe argue that wages haven’t risen to the level of inflation (that I’m not sure of, I personally received a 6% raise, not sure about elsewhere), but inflation is still a major part of that equation
my brain is smart enough to turn off whenever someone talks about inflation.

go cougs
Old 12-31-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So what is making inflation go up?
free money passed out by the gov

people not going out and spending cash on food & alcohol gas and new clothes

people staying home and cooking more

I mean I could say the pandemic, but really it's that people dont like working and the pandemic allows them to survive on unemployment comfortably spending less on commuting and dumb cost of living money vaccumes like a 9$ coffee after lunch, and instead groceries and gambling on stocks

and that's just the poor people, the rich people are like, lol we got a few extra billion to spend this year, lets buy houses!
Old 12-31-2021, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bot opinions discarded
Why stop at being a trashy racist about the most populous countries when you can drive every last immigrant into the arms of the Democrats?
Old 12-31-2021, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my brain is smart enough to turn off whenever someone talks about inflation.

go cougs
Whatever else you want to call it. Rising prices, rising rent costs. It affects purchasing power

Purchasing power is what money I have versus what the thing I want to buy costs correct?

I guess if you cover your eyes every time someone brings up rising costs you can pretend it’s not happening
Old 12-31-2021, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why stop at being a trashy racist about the most populous countries when you can drive every last immigrant into the arms of the Democrats?
Bot opinions discarded