Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

stop making up rules. GM's stated that they do not deem "idling" at the server select screen to be two boxing. This was the rule back when FE was in full competition mode, crying about this same issue. I am not aware of any subsequent change of opinion on the part of Sirken and co.

Dolic
Old 09-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by melton80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope u got all your screenshots u wanted cause i just went to jeremyp99 stream and atleast 2 of his past broadcast videos has already been deleted, hiding something?
ROFL
Old 09-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

You know when you just rage when someone brings something like this up; it makes you look guilty as heck.

I read the OP - went eh... what is he saving? Like 20-40 seconds? Bigger fish to fry...

The only thing I don't like is that an ip exemption isn't really meant to be used that way (which I don't know if that's really bannable or just revoking the ip exemption.

However, when you have that Jayn guy raging his ass off. It makes this just look like he's hiding something and overly defensive.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 09-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read the OP - went eh... what is he saving? Like 20-40 seconds? Bigger fish to fry...
When you are racing for trak, 20 seconds is everything.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fastest he did Server Select to Char Select was 21 seconds, so 34 seconds from /q to Char select.
That's not the relevant time; the OP's screenshots show Jeremy already going through the login process (with the server select screen greyed out) ~15 seconds after /q. This would be impossible without an IP exemption; normally it would take 30.

I find it difficult to care about 15 seconds though. It's hard to see this as anything other than rule lawyering.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 09-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeople [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you are racing for trak, 20 seconds is everything.
Okay... but here's the thing -

If it's "legal" then couldn't FE / IB do the same? (Devil's advocet)

If a GM says its fine that is....

PS - what did the ip exemptions say for Tiggles/Jeremy?

If it actually said "I want an ip exemptions to switch camps quickly" then yeah its cool..

If it said "My gf/wife/mom/brother/roommate wants to play with me" then yeah revoke it.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay... but here's the thing -

If it's "legal" then couldn't FE / IB do the same? (Devil's advocet)

They could, if it were legal, but you have to have an ip exemption and not everyone lies to get one.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not the relevant time; the OP's screenshots show Jeremy already going through the login process (with the server select screen greyed out) ~15 seconds after /q. This would be impossible without an IP exemption; normally it would take 30.

I find it difficult to care about 15 seconds though. It's hard to see this as anything other than rule lawyering.
'Rule Lawyering' is part of being a raid guild though...

Old 09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fuck. If I /q off Tecmos it takes me MINUTES to log in on another account (none of mine have exemptions, for better or worse).
Old 09-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

IP exemptions shouldn't be used to gain any kind of advantage over those without them.

Does that make me a rule lawyer? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread