Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-18-2020, 02:12 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not Rustle UI, its been happening to tons of people, including myself, who are not using it. The crash that seems to be occurring FAR more frequently lately is where the game screen freezes, but you can still move your character and execute commands like /sit, /camp, /q, etc.

I think that many people don't even realize they are retaining control of their character when the screen freezes during this "crash" because the only way you can tell is if you have your audio on then you can still hear the sound effects as the game continues on around you.

Its been happening for months, its just more people are starting to take notice now. I never used to crash before, now this screen freeze BS happens all the time and I usually have to /sit and /camp, or just /q. I've tried fresh p99 reinstalls, fresh UIs, checking all drivers, using the setaffinity thing to use a single core, you name it - I've tried it; nothing has been able to eliminate this screen freeze crash though.

I will say though that if you are using WinEQ2, the screen freeze will just hard crash the client instantly and you won't hear audio afterwards or be able to move your character or execute any commands.

So if you are using WinEQ2 and you are hard crashing instantly a lot more often without the ability to execute commands or hear audio of the game continuing on around you, then try loading the p99 client without using WinEQ2 (make sure its closed completely). You will still get the screen freeze "crash" just as often, but at least this way you can start using /sit, /camp, or /q when the freeze happens, so you don't have to wait as long to get back in game.

This seems to be the same problem I've been having as of late, twice today. It's weird, can move use commands etc.. however stop seeing chat or anything that involves others (PCs or NPCs). Which seems to be what you are describing. I have noticed though that you can see when it is happening by checking the latency bar. The difference in my problem is that I can't quickly reconnect(ocasionally minutes normally hours before I can get back on). When I try to reconnect it will just freeze after I try to join a server or give me a message that says something long the line of server /patch unavailable(sadly can't remember exactly what it says) but when I check here server is "up". Does anybody know why this happens or how to fix it? I've checked my internet connection which is fine tried restarting which doesn't seem to help as well as reinstalling which seems to just waste my time.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:29 AM
Aviak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not Rustle UI, its been happening to tons of people, including myself, who are not using it. The crash that seems to be occurring FAR more frequently lately is where the game screen freezes, but you can still move your character and execute commands like /sit, /camp, /q, etc.

I think that many people don't even realize they are retaining control of their character when the screen freezes during this "crash" because the only way you can tell is if you have your audio on then you can still hear the sound effects as the game continues on around you.

Its been happening for months, its just more people are starting to take notice now. I never used to crash before, now this screen freeze BS happens all the time and I usually have to /sit and /camp, or just /q. I've tried fresh p99 reinstalls, fresh UIs, checking all drivers, using the setaffinity thing to use a single core, you name it - I've tried it; nothing has been able to eliminate this screen freeze crash though.

I will say though that if you are using WinEQ2, the screen freeze will just hard crash the client instantly and you won't hear audio afterwards or be able to move your character or execute any commands.

So if you are using WinEQ2 and you are hard crashing instantly a lot more often without the ability to execute commands or hear audio of the game continuing on around you, then try loading the p99 client without using WinEQ2 (make sure its closed completely). You will still get the screen freeze "crash" just as often, but at least this way you can start using /sit, /camp, or /q when the freeze happens, so you don't have to wait as long to get back in game.
This has started happening to me over the last 4-7 days. Never had real problems until now.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like almost every other crash with Titanium client, we can blame the old client and directx. Wish I could have found a solution :|
Yeah but the weird thing is we all weren't having these crashes for years, and they suddenly started happening, so while old client/directx is likely a factor, I don't see how it could be the main one.

I'll cross post this in bugs to try and get dev attention, since it sounds like it's a legitimate one and not just "Loramin's setup is weird" or "there's a bug in Loramin's new UI".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-18-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-05-2020, 03:34 PM
Aviak

Anyone got a possible fix for this? I seem to consistently freeze in particular spots. OT Skyfire Ramp/Western Wastes/Cobalt Scar are the areas this happens to me the most. I have a Ryzen Processor and a Nvidia GPU running windows 10. I've tried multiple different tweeks with no changes in the amount of times I freeze.

Bye.

Frictator 60 Bard - Red
Old 07-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Kobold

My issue tends to be around logging in.

If I log out of my toon, and get on another account, I crash. Always.

Use to be every 3 - 4 logins, now its every login.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

I crash all the time when looting or zoning or whatever it freaking sucks

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 07-06-2020, 02:20 PM
Kobold

I don't know if this is relevant, but I almost always crash when I /camp.

Not crashing and getting to the character select screen is the exception, not the rule.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:48 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if this is relevant, but I almost always crash when I /camp.

Not crashing and getting to the character select screen is the exception, not the rule.

Same exact thing for me here.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

this is the only type of crash i've ever gotten in-game. with the fatal error client crash when logging out and switching accounts often. for me this only ever happened when I would have dynamic lightning enabled, and when it used to be an option to turn on/off in the settings I could simply turn it off and never have that crash. but i like the way on-toon light source works better with it on. but man, imagine being in TOFS and this happening mid fight on floor 6, all keys stuck up there with you at 3am. the worst.

i don't run wineq2 and always realized the game continued running in the background however didn't know i could still issue it commands. I might live next time this happens at least now knowing this since I know where all my nukes and spells are by heart. but man, what a pita.

just deleted my eqclient.ini file today and let eq make a new one, since I haven't done that in a few years. I also run the game as administrator, in compatibility mode (winxp sp2). it's the damn lightning i know it.

has anyone tried alt+enter to force fullscreen, then alt+enter again to go back to windowed mode and see if it resumes video?
Last edited by VII; 07-06-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Old 07-06-2020, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Keep on crashing/Screen freezing when I loot my corpse or other opening of item windows, like a merchant or banker. mostly raiding, dunno feels like it comes after a "build up of info" so to speak. I have log on