Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default New Wiki Feature "Magelo Imports": Beta Test Help Requested

If anyone has a wiki Magelo for their character (or wants to start one), I could use some help in beta testing a new feature.

The basic idea is that Magelos are fun, but it's annoying to have to enter every item's name by hand. Luckily, the command /outputfile generates a file with those item names. What I added was a way to copy/paste what's in that file, and generate code that you can use to update your Magelo.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Import has all the details. To verify that it worked correctly, please use "Show Changes" (instead of "Show Preview") after you edit your Magelo, to double-check that nothing was left out.

If you run into any problems, please post back with your output file text (or at least the relevant part with your non-bank items) and which browser you were using.

Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone to keep their Magelos up to date! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Whoa is this a huge QOL update for the P99 Wiki Magelo!
Great work!

Everyone should take notice of this!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Be careful not to overwrite your character stats,name,race,etc when you copy/paste the output. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-25-2020 at 04:39 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Glad you liked it Baler!

Bumping to get attention over the weekend: if I can just get a few more "beta testers" to confirm that it works, I can remove the big red "Beta" text from the page [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whoa is this a huge QOL update for the P99 Wiki Magelo!
Great work!

Everyone should take notice of this!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Be careful not to overwrite your character stats,name,race,etc when you copy/paste the output. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking note of this, testing inc.

Changed my mind. the instructions are easy, getting to actually login to the wiki with my account, in order to create my magelo page, is tilting me off of this earth. I do not have cookies turned off you retarded website.
Last edited by Knuckle; 06-26-2020 at 07:22 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Looks helpful. I actually made one of these in 2015 (https://magelo.herokuapp.com/) You should consider adding the copy/linking feature to this as it might make it easier to go right from this page to editing the existing character's magelo profile/create new profile. This being on the wiki would make it easier to prompt people to sign in before exposing the Create/Update option.

Just adding the input for the name (and server) would allow for the easy Create/Edit button since the links are just:
Quote:
wiki.project1999.com/index.php?title=Magelo_Blue:name&action=edit
Last edited by Argh; 06-26-2020 at 07:44 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks helpful. I actually made one of these in 2015 (https://magelo.herokuapp.com/) You should consider adding the copy/linking feature to this as it might make it easier to go right from this page to editing the existing character's magelo profile/create new profile. This being on the wiki would make it easier to prompt people to sign in before exposing the Create/Update option.

Just adding the input for the name (and server) would allow for the easy Create/Edit button since the links are just:
I sound like a douche.... Why should a sucessful process bend the knee to your failed web url?

You and I can agree that people creating and sharing their Magelo is a +1 to P99 and even other emu servers.

ps. Direct your rage to the non-active Rogean.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sound like a douche.... Why should a sucessful process bend the knee to your failed web url?

You and I can agree that people creating and sharing their Magelo is a +1 to P99 and even other emu servers.
Don't know what this means
Old 06-26-2020, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

let us please stay on topic. PLEASE, I am very sorry loramin for being my typical hard headed type of posts.
No longer active, thank you for the years of fun.
No alt account and I do not post on the P99 forums.
Last edited by Baler; 06-26-2020 at 08:01 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

You must have misread what I posted. I was talking about adding a feature to the page Loramin created to replicate something I had on that old site. The linking to the create/edit magelo profile based on a character name & server (red/blue/green) input so that way people could go directly from the wiki page with the /output parser to editing their existing magelo profile on the wiki or creating a new one, since it is the same url (wiki.project1999.com/index.php?title=Magelo_Blue:name&action=edit). And a copy button via js.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks helpful. I actually made one of these in 2015 (https://magelo.herokuapp.com/)
Your app looks great: I wish I had known about it so I could have stolen its code instead of having to write my own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
You should consider adding the copy/linking feature to this as it might make it easier to go right from this page to editing the existing character's magelo profile/create new profile. This being on the wiki would make it easier to prompt people to sign in before exposing the Create/Update option.

Absolutely. This is just "phase one", but I think a variety of enhancements are possible ... only I can't promise when I'll have the energy for "phase two".

If you or anyone else wants to see the code involved (which is not documented I just documented, poorly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) it's at https://wiki.project1999.com/MediaWiki:MageloImport.js. The way it gets added to the page is via the wiki's equivalent of an "index.js" file: https://wiki.project1999.com/MediaWiki:Common.js. Only admins can edit those files, but by using the browser developer tools you can test out the code on your end, and then once it works PM it to me to add.

So if any JS devs want to improve the import (or anything else in the wiki) please let me know!

Last edited by loramin; 06-26-2020 at 08:19 PM..
Closed Thread